Chapter Five - The Plan

When we got to my house I tied Diamond up out the front on the fence. Reis just starred at the house. It was a giant white house after all.

"Come on." I said with a smile. Reis just stood there.

"Reis." I said sternly.
"Yes?" She asked a bit dazed.
"Are you coming?"
"Oh yeah." She replied with a small smile. She walked up to me and grabbed onto my hand. I looked down at our hands then back up to her with an inquisitive look.

"I'm just a bit nervous." She replied.
"I can see that." I said with a chuckle.
"Now for this to work, I'm gonna have to refer to you as my girlfriend. Is that okay?"
"Yeah, that's fine." She replied quietly.
"And you might have to act a bit."
"Yeah that's all good."

By now we were at the front door, and Reis was still holding my hand tightly. I could feel her sweating. I knocked on the door, and I was greeted by one of our maids. She was a beautiful Caucasian woman, with long black hair that fell down to her waist even when it was tied up in a pony tail. Her name was Magenta. And she was our cleaner. Well one of them. We had two cleaners, one chef, and one girl who sorta just did whatever.

"Oh, Sir. You have returned. Would you like me to alert your parents?" Magenta asked.
"Yes please, Magenta." I replied.
"Very well Sir, I will be back with them in a second." Magenta said after she hurried off towards the ballroom. Reis just stood there. She was mute. "Reis." I said.
"Yes?" She asked.
"Don't be nervous. It's okay."
"Yes Alex." She replied. Then she bit her lip. Oh how badly I wanted her .. Egh! Brain! Stop!

My parents were suddenly at the door. My mother was so happy she was crying and my father was actually smiling at me for once. "Oh honey, I missed you so much." My mother said as she hugged me. I had to let go of Reis' hand. Reis stood there looking nervous.

"And you have a girl with you! Who is this lovely young girl?"
"My name is Reis." She replied happily.
"Oh that's a lovely name." My mother gleamed.
"Mum Reis is my girlfriend."
"Oh my! Honey!" She said happily, "it's so nice to meet you Reis."
"Mother, can I have a word with you?" I asked.
"Yes darling? What is it?" She asked with a worried expression.
"Reis and I, we are having some money problems, and we need somewhere to live.."
"Oh honey you two can stay here. Your father and I will move to the house across the street. We promise we won't bother you two. But you are always welcome to come over whenever you want."
"Are you serious?" Reis asked. She was shocked. Extremely shocked.
"Yes honey, we own three properties around this area. Each one is furnished, and usually we just rent one out and leave one for a holiday house for relatives. We still have two other houses that we have rented out."
"Oh .." Reis said. Reis was lost for words. She had no idea what to think about my parents.

"You two come in, and we'll start packing all our clothes up to move out. We'll be out of your hair in no time."

"Alright mother." I said. I took Reis' hand and took her up to my room.

"It worked!" I announced happily. She laughed at me.
"Does that mean we are living here?" Reis asked.
"Yes! Yes it does!"

Reis smiled happily, and looked then looked away. "What's wrong Reis?" I asked soothingly.
"I just went from having nothing, to this." She replied.

I smiled. "You can stay here for as long as you like."
"Are you sure?" She asked.
"Yes." I replied with a big smile.

She grabbed onto me and hugged me tightly. "Thank you." She replied starting to cry.