Chapter 18

3rd pov~

Daphne stood outside Violet's house in her new bathing suit and sundress, her feet adorned with flipflops. She twirled her hair nervously on her finger while also chewing her lip. She needed to get some clapstick because she realized her lips where really chapped as she swiped her tongue over her bottom lip.

Violet had already been picked up a few minutes prior, and the nervousness that she emitted had gone to Daphne once she was left alone. Daphne smoothed down her dress, making sure everything was okay. The more she waited the more fidgety she got.

The street was quiet, so when a car turned around the corner, it drew in Daphne's attention. As the car pulled up in front of her, music could be heard from inside. It slowly lowered and the drivers side door opened and Alex stepped out. "You ready?"

"Of course." Daphne took Alex's hand that was extended to her and allowed Alex to lead her to the passengers side where she opened the door for Daphne to get in.

Closing the door and going back to the drivers side, Alex got in and took the car out of park and started down the road. "If you're worried about being around a lot of people at the beach, don't worry because I found the perfect secluded spot for us." Alex didn't take her eyes off the road, but she did reach over with one hand and squeeze the knee connected to the leg that was bouncing.

Daphne blushed at the contact, her body freezing and ceased any type of movement. She didn't mind the touch much, it felt of safety and comfort for some reason. So she didn't bother trying to move the hand away, she just only stared at it with wide eyes. "I'm just nervous being on this date. It's different."

"Just think of it like any normal hangout we have together." Alex tried to make Daphne calmer, more comfortable, and it seemed to be working the longer she rubbed her thumb on Daphne's knee.

It didn't take long for them to reach the beach, but Alex pulled down to the far end away from all the other cars. They both exited the car and Alex opened the back to pull a picnic basket and a blanket out. Shutting the back, Alex grabbed Daphne's hand and interlocked their fingers. "Oh." Daphne blushed, slightly squeezing Alex's hand.

"Is this okay?" Alex asked to make sure Daphne wasn't uncomfortable as they made their way onto the beach.

Daphne looked down at their hands and saw how perfectly they fit together. "This is nice. Perfect. Amazing."

"That's good." Alex smirked, picking up her pace and pulling Daphne along with her. They soon went from speed walking to a slow jog, both of them laughing joyously. "Over there." Alex lifted her basket filled hand to point at a cluster of rocks on their left. "We're gonna have to climb." She said as they reached the rocks, letting go of Daphne's hand.

Daphne made a small sound of dissapointment at that, not wanting to let go of Alex's hand. "Ok." She went first because Alex wanted to make sure she didn't fall backwards in case the rocks were slippery. "Here, hand me the basket and blanket so you can climb up." She held her hands out to collect the items from the top of the rocks.

"Thanks." Alex grunted as she hefted herself up, digging her feet in the crevices in the rocks. She placed both hands on top and pulled herself up, swinging her legs over so she could climb down. "Here, I catch you." She called out as she saw Daphne struggling to climb own the rocks.

"You sure?" Daphne asked behind her shoulder, hands desperately grasping at the rocks. She really didn't want to fall and hurt herself. Hurting herself would make them reschedule their date, and Daphne has been waiting for this day all week.

"Yes." Alex held her arms open. "All you have to do is fall backwards, I'll catch you." She saw the conflicting look in Daphne's eyes. "Trust me." She whispered, getting prepared to catch Daphne.