Ch.16 - Does Love at First Sight Exist in Esports?

Waking up early Saturday morning, Wang Yuxi grabbed Yao Sen, wanting to gossip. The other night's live broadcast of Yao Sen and Shao Han's solo match had been viral on the internet for several days. Half of the fans under the stream recap was made up of real e-sports fans, while CP fans made up the other half.

"Since when did you get so good at perspective evasion?" Wang Yuxi looked at Yao Sen in amazement, "Say, did you secretly train behind our backs!"

Perspective evasion and pre-targeting training have always been a part of Titans's main team training regimen, yet these two aspects were a big problem for professional players, especially the former.

Yao Sen casually said, "Got lucky that night."

"If you were that lucky all the time, Old Gou would cry tears of joy."

"I get it, hurry up and get ready. Don't be late for today's team tryouts."

Titans' internal tryouts officially began today. As soon as Yao Sen and the rest of the main team walked into the training room, the atmosphere in the room became substantially different.

Coach Gou stood up front and solemnly spoke to all the team members, announcing how today's tryouts would be evaluated.

Except for the secondary team, all the other team members needed to complete three sets of solo queues and squad matches. The secondary team members, on the other hand, would need to complete three sets of squad matches and five sets of alternating duos, and would have four people from the main team as their teammates or enemies.

The purpose of having the four members of the main team participate is so their opinions on the final selection of the substitute player could be heard. After all, they're the ones who really understood what to look out for in a field full of experts.

While the title here was 'enemies', in practice, it was unlikely for Yao Sen and the others to give it their all. Otherwise, it might really develop into an internal battle in the end.

Hearing that they were going to be facing the members of the main team, the secondary team members eagerly rolled up their sleeves for battle, itching to immediately stand out from the rest of their teammates.

The first match of the morning was between the youth training team and the third team, while the secondary team's matches would start in the afternoon. Four people from the secondary team made final preparations in the training room. Zhou Ziyu sat upright in front of the computer with sweaty palms.

Jiang Yang looked at ease as usual. His average assessment score was the highest in the secondary team, and his personal ranking in the Asia server was also pretty good. When Yao Sen, who was in charge of the training, came up behind him, he specially sniped two people off to give the captain a fancy show.

Yao Sen didn't say anything. Seeing that Zhou Ziyu had made some minor mistakes due to nerves, he walked up and patted him on the shoulder, "Don't be nervous."

Zhou Ziyu was so startled that he missed another shot. He looked up to see that it was the captain, and immediately apologized over and over again in shame.

Zhou Ziyu was the youngest member of the secondary team. Usually, whenever he saw Yao Sen, he would respectfully call out 'captain'. He was polite and full of admiration, only falling short of bowing to Yao Sen.

After the squad matches ended, in the first duos match, Yao Sen and Jiang Yang faced Wang Yuxi and Zhou Ziyu. The combination of Zhou Ziyu and Wang Yuxi ought to play reasonably well. After all, one was a support type while the other was a striker.

However, the result was not what everyone expected. Zhou Ziyu made three mistakes in the first game, while Jiang Yang was indeed better at offense, directly leading to Zhou Ziyu's loss in the first game when both Yao Sen and Wang Yuxi were taking it easy.