Chapter 22

Sometimes fate is just beside you

---

"And this goes here." Minho went up a chair as he placed a decoration on the ceiling.

It was not a surprise that Minho and Chan both got closer through the days. One of Minho's plans was at least to give Chan's room some sort of comfort and decoration considering Chan will be staying here for a while under his observation. Chan didn't agree to his plan, but Minho insisted which ended up him decorating Chan's room anyway.

"You didn't have to suggest that we should decorate my room." Chan added as he carefully made sure Minho wouldn't fall from the chair he was standing on.

"Why not? Ever since you came here, your room had been this dull and plain. It wouldn't hurt to add some decorations, right?" Minho replied, focusing on hanging the small lamp holder on the ceiling.

"Also ever since I came here, I wasn't contributing to pay you anything, the food, and the bills." Chan sighed as he decided to held Minho's waist and out of the blue just caressing it softly too.

"O-Oh umm, you don't have to pay for anything here. Hyunjin had already paid for some bills and money for groceries." Minho flinched a bit when Chan held him by his waist.

"He did? I didn't expect that... clearly he didn't have to." Chan responded and helped Minho get down after he was finished hanging the lamp holder.

"But then he insists. I understand my cousin being like that, since he grew up always wanting to help people. And as far as I know, you were placed to me in whatever reason I don't know. It is better that I treat you well." Minho added while he wiped the dust off his hands.

"Say, you do know you're from an accident, right? It must have been pretty bad since you can't remember anything." Minho asked the older boy, eyeing him from a distance.

Chan paused for a second and processing what Minho just asked him. But he himself is asking what should he answer to the latter.

"Yeah, it was bad. It caused of a lot of confusion and questions. I just woke up knowing I was a half AI and half human at the same time." Chan answered him with a shrug, helping Minho take a picture frame of Minho's cats.

"Then... aren't you curious about what your life was before you got into an accident?" Minho asked him again.

This question made Chan stop at the moment and stare at the ground. It was a benefit that he wasn't facing Minho, or else the other would notice his reaction.

"I don't think I want to... Besides, there's a reason why I ended up here... and if fate really brought me to you, I don't mind." Chan just smiled before he faced at Minho.

Minho could only stare at the older's answer to his question. It was an unexpected answer, but it brought a small hidden smile upon Minho's lips.

"It looked like your life before was even better than mine... considering your skin color... aura and the way you talk." Minho lowered his head a bit, fidgeting with his fingers.

He licked his lower lip and Chan noticed he was thinking about something.

"Are you from the Haven Side?" Minho looked at him in the eyes.

You can say that Chan was trying to act clueless and normal. He didn't wanna blurt out some things that can get him in trouble.

"Which way to the haven side? Your city is not very familiar to me..." Chan looked away as answered, it is true that not everything about Seoul was known by Chan.