part 1

Five years later

My sleep broke by the shrill sound of buzzing alarm.Stretching my arms lethargically,I blinked my drowsy eyes to get rid of the traces of brief hardly three hours sleep.

Slipping out of my comfy warm bed,I went to my room window.It had been my daily routine to start my day by welcoming the rising sun and it's optimistic golden rays which gives me the hope and new zeal to start fresh with the only love of my life.

My only source to live,my heart beats for his smile.He mostly filled the emptiness and dejection of my life after the unfortunate day leaving me on a crossroad of choosing a never travelled way.

I was lost.I was broken but then his unexpected coming in my life gave me a reason to live for.

Spending a good ten minutes to myself,I freshened up and changed into my work clothes.I glanced at the clock,I still had an hour and half before leaving for my job.

First I need to wake him up so I went towards his room.Slowly sneaking inside,my lips curved upward seeing the only source of light in my darkness.He was cocooned in his blanket.His mouth opened slightly just like him.

I tiptoed near his bed and sat on the edge of his bed and kissed his forehead.

"Wake up honeybee."

"Umm."He pulled the blanket over his head.

"Wake up baby or Mommy will throw you in the water tub."

And my trick worked.His eyes jolted open in horror.

"No Mommy see Avan is up."He sat straight rubbing his grey eyes,inherited from his father.In fact he is the little version of his father.

"Good morning baby."I showered his face with kisses.

"Eww Mommy I am a big boy now."He made faces.He didn't like when I kiss him all over his face.

"But you will always be Mommy's small baby."I ruffled his soft black hairs,"Now get up fast and bath,you don't want to be late at school?"

"You're so evil Mommy.Is it a way to wake up a innocent child?"He whined and trailed behind me to the bathroom.

I smiled on his antics.No one could say he is just five.He acted much mature than any other kid of his age.He understood me thus never questioned me about his father after I cried in front of him when he revealed his wish to meet his father.

I am proud of my baby,my Avan who was created in the most beautiful moment I spent with my husband and the next day everything changed for me and soon I found out I was pregnant with his baby.

I was surrounded by a web of lies and betrayals.

"Mommy my toothbrush."Avan nudged my elbow.

I jerked out of my memory lane and looked down at my little bundle of joy.He was staring at me with his big shiny grey eyes.

"Yeah here take it and call me when you're done.Mommy is going to prepare our breakfast."I helped him to sit on the stool so he could easily reach upto the tap.

He nodded his head and I made my way to the kitchen to prepare a simple breakfast for two of us.Veggie sandwich for him and scrambled eggs in tomato paste for myself.

It took me only fifteen minutes and then I returned back to check upon my son who took a long time brushing his teeth but my got a big surprise.

"You bathed yourself?"

"Yes Mommy see I am a big boy now.I can bath myself."He stated proudly.

"Aww my baby.Lets get you ready then."I picked out his clothes but he snatched it from my hands.