part 2

Evelyn

The day went by and soon my working hours were over.I glanced on my wrist watch,its almost five,I gathered my essentials and came out of my cabin finally to go back to my son who would be waiting for me.

Though every single bone of my body ached due to restless work throughout the day,the zeal to meet my baby was leaping out of my heart.

I spotted Noah leaning on his car,his eyes zeroed on his phone.I frowned,he usually leaves after seven and it was a new sight for me.

"Noah you're leaving early today?"I approached him.

His face jolted up,"Yeah actually there was not much work so I thought to spend my evening either at my house or at a friend's place."He smiled coyly.

"How many friends do you have precisely?"I mocked him with narrowed gaze.

"You and two of my college friends."His face reddened as a dear caught in headlight.

"And both of them are out of the city right?"I giggled.

He slightly nodded his head and moved to slide inside his car,"Good bye then see you tomorrow.You should not late,little champ must be waiting for you."He added in a heavy tone.

I knew how much Noah and Avan are attached to each other.He can't be blamed,it was Noah who supported me as a true friend throughout my pregnancy and then helped me to raise a child alone.He is Avan's godfather also and this is how they developed a strong bond.

"Noah wait."I stopped him.He turned to me,his face lit up in hope.

"You can join us for dinner.Avan will be happy to see you after a quite long time."I bit my lips.

A huge smile sprouted on his lips.

"Get in my car quickly.I can't wait any longer to meet my champ."He shifted giving me space to sit in.

"Hey what about my car.How will I come to office tomorrow?"I asked him.

"Like always,hire a cab in the morning."He shrugged his shoulders casually.

"Great idea!"I let out sarcastically and without further argument I settled on the passenger's seat.

"Amal's house?"He asked me while igniting the engine.

I just blinked my eyes.He drove the car smoothly over the lane while I rested my head on the window glass enjoying the twilight view of the city of Paris.Its different from living in London.

I observed the light of hope and darkness of despair merging at the horizon still in a hope of a new morning after few hours.It teaches me the philosophy of life.

"Hey sleeping princess wake up.We are here."Noah gently jerked my shoulder and I opened my eyes only to realize that I slept in a short drive of twenty five minutes.

I yawned and chipped a silent thank you to him and climbed out of the car.
Soon after,he followed me.

I rang the doorbell of Amal's apartment.It was opened by Amal and in no time and next I was attacked by my little man.

"Easy kiddo."Amal trailed behind him."Evey you're a wonderwoman really,only you can handle his hurricane activities."Amal huffed."But I love him so much."she added with a adoring smile.

"Aww my baby Mommy missed you so much."I bent down to his level and showered him with kisses.

"Eww Mommy you were away for few hours and please do not kiss me on face.I am big boy."He wiped his cheeks,"But I missed you too."he kissed my cheek.

"All the love for only Mommy.This isn't fair champ."Noah came forward making a puppy face.

Avan left me and clinged to Noah's legs who immediately whirled him in the air.

"Yee Superman you come to meet me."Avan yelled in excitement.

"Yup but your Mommy wasn't tagging me with her."Noah told him and Avan's accusing eyes diverted in my direction.

"Sorry Baby."I held my ears.

"Hello Amal."Noah greeted Amal in a polite manner.

"Hi Noah after a long time."Amal asked.

"Work,can't help."He smiled.

"This is so bad Mommy.I love superman and we have lot of fun together."He made a grumpy face.

"Hey little man,your Mommy invited me on Sunday lunch afterwards but I couldn't wait to meet you."Noah rubbed his nose with Avan's tiny pointed nose.

"Mommy Superman let's go,I am hungry."Avan roamed his hand on his stomach which made a loud growl and we three laughed.

I turned to Amal and hugged her tightly.I am grateful to fate,it distanced me from my family but gave me good friends who made me see goodness and positivity in this cruel world.

"Thank you so much Amal for taking care of him in my absence."

"Don't thank me ever Evey,this cutie is not only your son but my godson also remember.I love him not less than you."She said.

Invisible tears moistened my eyes.

"Go now or Avan will eat our ears."Amal pushed me .

"Stop you Neanderthal human or I'll fall flat on my face leaving me toothless."I balanced myself.

"Sorry Babes now go even I have planned a movie date with Russell and he would be here anytime."She said.

A blush crept on her face on the mention of Russell.

"Bye enjoy your date then."I prevented my sorrow to reflect on my face.

Russell always stood by her like a strong rock in thick and thins.They found their true love in each other.

She closed the door behind us.Avan dragged Noah hastily.They were having their own time completely forgetting my presence.

Noah helped him sit on the backseat.I was about to sit beside him but Avan stretched his hand to cover the remaining space,"No Mommy you will sit with Uncle Noah."

"No baby I can't let you sit alone.I know you're a big boy but Mommy worries for you."I said.

"Evey don't worry this car is safe for kids and I drive on a normal speed whenever we take Avan along with us."Noah said.

"Mommy please."Avan batted his eyes.

I knew he wanted to see us as a couple,I knew it too that he sees a father figure in Noah.He pictures all three as a perfect family and that scared me the most.

I was not ready to replace Asher in our lives as a husband,as a father.I would never be able though his impulsive act pushed our lives in darkness.