part 5

Asher

I stood watching the sunset from the giant window.Another day passed,many things happened in a single day and I sulking in my own misery.

"Brother I think you should go and look out for your love."Jason said in a bored tone.

"I could never let her go if I have to hunt for her Jason."I replied still glancing at the orange ball of fire which was almost sunk in horizon.

"Brother then I think you'll be standing alone in your empire as in a pace,you're firing your employees on their barely noticeable mistakes,the day is not too far when it's also possible."Jason shook his head in disbelief while he dumped the empty bottles of wine in the dustbin.

"There is no room for mistakes in Black Inc. since it's foundation.Evelyn has nothing to do with those silly peoples whose stupity might result in a wreck."I stated reasonably.

"So you'll spend your rest of the days firing people in day and drinking like pigs in nights.Asher I can't see you like this."Jason sighed.

I didn't reply.The sun was set completely soon darkness filled it's place.I walked back in the bar,

"Are you even listening to me?"Jason snapped in front of my face to bring me out of my thoughts."It's quite late,you should go back to your house and take rest.You need it."He patted my shoulder.

I nodded my head in response and left his house but I wasn't in a mood to return to the lifeless four walls which haunted me like a old gothic castle.

My day could not be more worse as I spotted my mother sitting on the centre sofa with a lit cigarette between her fingers.

I simply ignored her because I had enough share of drama that day and her presence itself soured my mood.She never visited me without a selfish purpose.

"Asher how are you my son?"Mom's not so affectionate voice echoed in the  giant hall.

"Its not like you really care Mom."I answered in mockery.She must sense my displeasure and better took her leave as soon as possible.

"I am your mother Asher.Of coarse I care for you."She stared at me in disbelief,"Well leave it if you can't see others' concern when your eyes are blinded in that bit-"She paused sensing my furious silent glares on her.

She crushed the remaining cigarette in the ashe tray and elegantly walked upto me.Her face devoid of a mother's true affection.

"I came here to inform you that we have to attend your cousin's wedding in Paris after two days.I shouldn't have to visit you if you pick up our calls Asher."She stated coldly.

"Thanks for informing Mom but I can't accompany you and Dad as I have a load of work lined up for this and next two weeks.Pass my apologies to Estella."I made an excuse.

It was not like,I did not want to attend my cousin's wedding but I felt suffocated in my parents' presence.They reminded me of their sinful deeds.They too had a role in my ruin though they would never accept it.

"Sorry sweetheart but you have to join us because after the wedding,we'll visit your Grandpa who is on his deathbed and wish to see you before he dies."Mom said softly,a rare emotion on her stony personality,on the mention of her father who had been suffering from cancer and left with few days.

Unlike my Mom,my maternal grandparents were very good person.They loved me more than my own mother though I could spend a very little span of time with them,I adored them a lot.

"Okay Mom I'll come but not with you and Dad.I'll directly reach on wedding hour."I sighed.

"I do not appreciate your uncivilized behavior towards us Asher but we can't force you either."She pressed her lips into a thin line.She do it when she try to control her anger.

"Good night Mom."I walked away without waiting for her reply.

"Ungrateful brat."I heard her mutter and next her furious heels' assault on my floor.

I took a long cold shower to calm down my throbbing brain nerves.My life could not be more complicated.After bath,I changed into my T shirt and track pants and decided to spend some time in the poolside in order to stabilize my messed up mind.

I took a bottle of whisky and sat near the pool.Cold wind helped me a little.I stared at the blank moonless sky.

"Sir shall I serve you the dinner?"Annie's voice broke my reverie.

I craned my head to her side,"No you retire to your room."I said.

Usually she left but she kept rooted on her place.

"Do you have anything else to say Annie?"I raised my brows at her.

"You're playing with your health Sir.You skip your meals and drink nonstop.Don't do this to yourself."She said.

I felt light hearted after a long five years she asked me something other than her duty to look after my meals and personal work.

"Thanks Annie for your concern but for whom should I live?For whom should I give up drinking?This cruel death loathe me that she isn't coming to me."I poured out my pain and looked down on the reflection of myself on the surface of water.

"Sir do not give up so easily.I know you had taken that drastic step of sending her away from you for her own betterment bug time never remain the same.We come across ups and downs and be positive about the upcoming future.You don't know what is stored for you."She tried to cheer up my mood.

I missed her comforting words as she kept blaming me for abandoning Evelyn.

"You're optimistic Annie.Aren't you?"I smiled faintly.

"Life goes on this faith only Sir."She answered.

"Hmm."

"When are you leaving "Shall I pack your bags for your Paris trip?"She asked.

"Shall I pack your bags?"She asked.

"Yeah."I replied nonchalantly.

She left wishing me night and deadly silence again occupied my heart,mind and soul.

"I miss you Evelyn.I miss you so much.Please come back I want to beg for your forgiveness.I want to explain you why I chose this path and make you leave me."I mumbled as tears rolled down from my eyes which I hid from my fake world.