TWENTY-FOUR

R E A L     L I F E

timothee had shut his phone off completely the entire time he was on his way home. hugo hadn't talked to him for a good week or so. everyone was assuming things, constantly. 'timothee chalamet are you cheating on hugo hoffman with lily-rose depp?'. 'timothee are you broken up with hugo?'. not to mention everything with maja and #tugoisoverparty stirring up controversy on twitter. his uber came to a stop outside of his apartment. he thanked the driver and slumped out of the car. a few shutters and clicks could be heard, signifying nearby paparazzi or fans, but timothee couldn't give two shits. he felt like hell and he was pretty sure he was fucking everything up with the one person who he's really loved for the first time in awhile.

his brain was so scrambled, timothee hadn't even realized when he met the front door to his apartment. the young man fumbled for his keys and unlocked the door, quickly slipping in and making sure no one had followed. the minute he walked in, his eyes met those of hugo hoffamn and the man yelped before falling to the floor.

"hugo! what the actual fuck! i thought you were a stalker or something you can't do that!" hugo simply giggled and helped his boyfriend off the floor. "i'm sorry, i'm sorry."

after an hour of small talk, the conversation seemed to die down and get heavier.

"hugo, what about us." hugo look slightly puzzled. hugo knew exactly where this conversation was going, but as long as he could prolong it, he would, no matter what. "you know what i'm saying gogo." timothee said softly. the air grew thick and words began to hold more and more weight. hugo swore the sky outside seemed to be getting darker.

"i know what we both know but fucking hell i don't want to say it." hugo looked at his hands. timothee grabbed them. "i think we knew this was gonna happen sooner or later." the two brunettes felt on the edge of tears. there was no doubt they were soulmates, at the least platonic. they were able to meet after little to no interaction and become best friends, and boyfriends. 

hugo put on a brave face. he was going full force into this, done of shying away and denying the inevitable. "timothee hal chalamet, you have created some of the best memories i will have and remember forever. you will always make me smile and laugh. you helped me keep my sanity and we've both grown in some of the best ways because of each other." timothee stopped him by putting a finger to his lips.

"hugo alexander hoffman you helped me when i needed it the most. i will always know i can come back to you if i ever need help and i want to always keep every single memory i've created with you in a small decorated locked box in the back of my head where no one can get it forever. you mean so much to me and you always will."

their eyes met and they felt that sting in their heart. it was happening. and it was completely okay. it was all going to be okay. in that split second, the two imagined themselves else where, in another life maybe. living in their lonesome, away from everyone else. a possible family, complete with kids and pets, or just the two of them. on their own, loving each other for as long as they could. there was no use shying away from this anymore. everything was in motion, but everything was fine. it hurt a little bit, but if this was meant to happen, it will. it was the wrong time, but the absolute right people. so for the last time, three words left their mouths. 

"i love you."