02

“You look good in cherry,” Taehyung comments, his tone mischievous nudging the younger who was staring at himself in the mirror. Taehyung bit his lower lip, Jeongguk looked like he was about to cry. “You really look good. Don’t you like it? Do you want to bleach it back or—?” 

 “No, hyung,” Jeongguk interrupts the older, sucking a sharp breath. “I love it so much that I think I’m going to cry!” he exclaims suddenly making Taehyung grin at the younger, a look of fondness in his eyes.

“That’s a relief, or else I’d have had to baby you today,” Taehyung says earning a light punch on his arm with a pouty glare from the younger.

Taehyung looks back in the mirror equally in awe with Jeongguk’s new appearance. What can he say? The younger’s features usually stood out the sharpest and the most beautiful among every other existing human being, and with this new color, he looked fresh out of an exotic music video. Only if they still made music videos like how they used to centuries ago. 

“By the way you don’t look too bad in blonde and pink,” Jeongguk says looking over to Taehyung’s hair. “It’s a pretty combination. Wonder why you always get the craziest ideas,” he teases the older making Taehyung chuckle softy. 

“I wanted to bleach out the black, so here I am with two different colors. Like the sun in your lives, shining brightly more than the present sun that is and the pink is so give off the cool Taetae vibes,” Taehyung jokes around flashing his rectangular grin proudly at the younger.

He dyed his hair half blonde and half pink, wondering how he would look with two colors.

“You already shine hyung,” Jeongguk mumbles under his breath missing the way Taehyung widens his smile when he hears the younger say things that do a lot of unusual things to him. Like the butterflies he gets every time Jeongguk looks at him, or every time Jeongguk smiles at him, compliments him.

Gosh, Taehyung becomes a blushing mess. Jeongguk makes his legs go all putty just in seconds. They have this effect on each other unknowingly. He was simply whipped for Jeon Jeongguk.

“If I have to think hard, I resemble like a strawberry, hyung,” Jeongguk says bending down to fully see his coconut head. Without any cue, Taehyung climbs over Jeongguk’s back almost on instinct and wraps his arms around Jeongguk’s neck. Jeongguk yelps, surprised by the sudden weight thrown on him trying to balance the older on his back without falling.

“If you are a strawberry then I’ll eat you,” Taehyung says in an almost robotic voice which sends Jeongguk into frenzy mode. Taehyung crooks his mouth towards Jeongguk’s hair and pretends to eat them. Jeongguk’s loud laughter resonates in the mirror booth in which they are currently standing in. Taehyung finding the younger endearing making his stomach all sorts of flips. 

“And you say, you would baby me when you yourself are a baby,” Jeongguk jokes making Taehyung chortle loudly again. “Get off so we can go home before dawn,” he directs softly looking at Taehyung on the mirror. Taehyung pouts but gets off Jeongguk’s back nonetheless. Jeongguk misses the warmth from where Taehyung was when the cold air envelops his body again. Jeongguk watches as the older skips down towards the counter and pays the salon fee with a fond smile tugging at his lips.

Both the boys were walking next to each other side by side when Taehyung popped an unexpected question. “Why cherry though?” he asked looking deeply in Jeongguk’s dark brown orbs, who seemed a bit startled by his sudden question staring back right at him blinking his doe eyes which Taehyung found adorable. 

“I like this color,” Jeongguk reasons out clearing his throat, “and it would be easier for you to spot me in a crowd,” Jeongguk says gulping down not maintaining any eye contact with the older. Taehyung smiles faintly, seeing right through Jeongguk’s present anxiousness. Taehyung realized the discussion they all had earlier made Jeongguk a bit dubious about everything that was going to happen. 

“You know, whatever happens, hell or heaven I’ll be with you, Guk,” Taehyung assures the younger taking his hand and giving a soft squeeze to it, giving him a smile of reassurance. “And whatever conditions might arise, we know they will try to save us, right?” Jeongguk nods slowly. “Let’s go home. Tonight, I’m going to photoshoot the hell out of you and hang all your pictures all around my house,” Taehyung declares shooting an eye smile towards the younger whose nerves seem to calm down.