04

Taehyung wakes up with a layer of cold sweat on his forehead, he feels so fucking hot. He looks around for any sign of Jeongguk, heart beating loudly in his ears. Then he realizes what woke him up. The almost loud sirens make his heart thump widely against the ribcage inside his chest. 

The sirens are on, the restoration process didn’t go as planned. Fuck.

Shit, shit, shit. 

And where the hell is Jeongguk?

Taehyung gets up on his feet in one go, causing him to lose his balance and fall on his mattress. He curses, his body overcoming with fear. They were always warned that whenever sirens were heard, it was not safe to go out, hell the others had made basement tunnels for the humans to go in and hide in case their atmospheric layer breaks. They had small pieces of a huge spacecraft in the tunnels under each house, the little jets flying out to form a huge spacecraft.  

Taehyung wheezes and he tries to maintain his breathing, he struggles to calm himself. No, he doesn’t give two fucks about his life, his top priority is Jeongguk. He promised him. With shaky hands Taehyung grabs his phone, which was already buzzing loudly, showing him the situation of what’s going on outside.

This can’t be.

The red alert shines on the screen, confirming the others failed in saving them, restoring the powerhouse on the north and south poles. Now the atmosphere was rapidly dissolving from the poles towards the equator. Taehyung, out of panic dials Jeongguk, the phone rings, it keeps on ringing but no one picks it. Taehyung gulps fear crippling him. His breath coming out heavy. 

Taehyung remembers he needs to get out of his house first and head for the fucking basement tunnels, but once he goes there he knows the doors to come back up will be shut. Once he sits inside the jet, it will drag itself to form the huge spacecraft. Will Jeongguk be present in the crowd of thousands where they might gather? Taehyung doesn’t know. He doesn’t want to guess. He’s scared. He wants Jeongguk alive at any fucking cost.

An idea suddenly strikes in his head, he wipes his sweat from the back of his sleeve and quickly opens the app which Namjoon had seemed to secretly develop for them. A world is still a world full of crimes and shit, this app was something just to keep themselves away and safe. To know about the whereabouts of who you are calling are. Taehyung swipes his fingers giddily on Jeongguk’s contact and calls the younger from the app, praying to whoever is above that Jeongguk should be in a good condition. Safe and unharmed. 

The phone camera suddenly switches on, Taehyung squeezes his eyes to see anything but the screen remains grey. Something seems to be covering the camera. The voices are coming out in muffles. Then he sees it. His blood runs cold and suddenly Taehyung can’t seem to breathe like someone suddenly pierced a knife right through his heart. Some movements cause the things in front of the camera to move, then a figure on the floor. There’s Jeongguk, he’s passed out god knows where with blood dripping down his temple. Fuck

It's one of those days when Taehyung sleeps late, one of those days when he ignores his alarm clock, one of those days which he doesn’t feel like abandoning his warm and cozy bed. And it had to this day. The start of another destruction. For Jeongguk, it was different, for Jeongguk every day was like a bright new beginning, he liked going out early in the morning going around in the city to wherever his feet can take. Unlike Taehyung, Jeongguk enjoyed what the others built for them. It fascinated Jeongguk.

Taehyung immediately puts on his shoes and runs out of his house not caring about anything but saving his first love. His Jeongguk. His head feels like it's throbbing, someone is drumming continuously on it. He feels dizzy. Taehyung suddenly stops when he feels like he cannot run anymore, cannot see anything properly. He touches his forehead on instinct. He’s fucking burning up, he flinches when the palm of his hand touches his forehead. 

Okay, wow first this fucking world-ending shit happens and now I’m fucking burning up. Not cool.

Taehyung finally stops running when he feels something hotter burning above his head, he looks up to see the satellites which once surrounded their beloved planet crashing onto the face of the earth. The sky is turning into different hues of pink and purple and orange as if someone tore the sky apart angrily. It fucking seems like the world is going to end. Way to fucking go! 

With heavy steps, he tries to call his other friends fumbling with each step. None of them take his calls. Taehyung is super out of his mind right now. His eyes are bloodshot red and he doesn’t know where he is going. A crashing sound causes a loud ring inside Taehyung’s ears . He covers them immediately looking at the source of the sound. Taehyung stares eye wide with his jaw open when he sees debris behind him. More pieces of the outer atmosphere crashing down to the Earth’s surface. Now it feels so real as if Taehyung is playing a Virtual Reality game. Shit, he shouldn’t have played that game.

Taehyung stops dead at his tracks when he stands there to think. Why is he running? He’s going to save Jeongguk. Jeongguk. God, where is Jeongguk?