Beloved

Imagine this...

It's late at night and you're rushing home from work wanting to just lay in bed and sleep.

As you walk, you try to avoid the drunks roaming around trying to hit on you. Deciding to take a shortcut, you walk into the alleyway that leads to your street about a block away from your apartment building.

Holding your keys in between your fingers, you hug your bag close to you as you quickly walk keeping your eyes open for signs of danger.

About halfway through the alley, you hear a sound behind you. Turning around, you scan the area for where the sound came from.

Seeing nothing, you hurry to turn around wanting to get out of the alley as soon as possible. Before you can continue walking, you see a shadow-like figure rush towards you and before you can run, you feel hands grab your face and the last thing you see is a pair of bright red eyes before everything goes dark.

~~~
Waking up, you feel a sharp pain in your neck. Groaning, you sit up and it takes you a minute to realize that you're not in your small studio apartment bedroom.

Looking around, you see that you're in a big bedroom about the size of your apartment, laying in a big king-sized bed.

As you're about to get up, you hear a voice come from the left side of the room where you just now realize is an open balcony door.

"Good morning my beloved. How was your rest?" You look at the speaker, your eyes going straight to his exposed chest down to his abs, before looking up at his face where your eyes meet bright red ones looking back at you.

Although it should, the red eyes aren't what shocks you. What shocks you is the strange pull you feel to the man and the feeling of shocks from where you prior felt the pain.

Finally breaking your silence, you ask the man with a shaky voice. "W-where am I? Wh-who are you? Why a-am I here?"

Smiling he approaches you. "Well my darling beloved, you are in my castle, in my room. I am the soon-to-be king of the kingdom, and you, my darling, are my future queen."

"What are you talking about? I-I don't know who you are." As he sits on the bed in front of you, you lean as far back as the bed would allow.

"Well you see, for my kind, we have one person who is made specifically for us, or as you humans call it a soulmate and what we call a beloved. As future king, I am required to look for my beloved before gaining the throne. If our beloveds are human, we must turn them with a bite on the neck which leaves a mark that signifies that you are claimed." At his explanation, you touch the part of your neck where you felt the pain.

"Oh don't worry I haven't turned you. I gave you just enough venom to keep you out for a few hours."

"I don't understand what venom? And what do you mean turn me?" You ask him still confused.

"Haven't you put the pieces together yet? Well here's a hint. We like to drink blood." Smirking, he watches as realization starts to show on your face.

"Ho-how is that possible? There's no such thi-" Cutting you off, he leans closer towards you as if to whisper a secret.

"Oh, we exist. We have for thousands of years co-existing among humans." Grabbing your hand, he pulls you out of bed and leads you to the open balcony doors where you see you're on top of a cliff looking down on a maze of houses.

Giving you a minute to take it all in, he stays silent before continuing. "I am the future king of this kingdom, and you, my beloved..." He turns to you, looking straight into your eyes then says Four words you never thought you'd hear.

"...are my vampire queen"

***

Okay, here we go.

@tuneology as promised here is a vampire one. It may not be vampires based but it is a vampire one so hope you enjoy it!!

Remember to comment guys and thanks for reading!!

❤️Ena