First Touch

Imagine this...

It's your wedding day, your all dressed up wearing an updated version of your mother's wedding dress, hair, and makeup done to perfection. In less than an hour, you will be walking down the aisle getting married to the love of your life, when you start to get nervous.

Seeing you start to hyperventilate, your sister, who is your maid of honor, approaches you and asks you what's wrong.

"What if he isn't there? Or what if he is there and he sees me and runs away? What if he doesn't really love me?" After each question, you feel yourself start to breathe even harder and you feel tears start to gather in your eyes.

Sitting beside you, your sister wipes the tears from your eyes, careful not to ruin your make-up. "Oh honey, don't be silly. He loves you and he will be there and won't be leaving. If he even thinks about leaving you at the altar I will hold him down myself." Not seeing you calm down, your sister gets up and holds out her hand. "If you don't believe me then let take you to someone you will."

Taking her hand, you follow her as she leads you out to the center courtyard of the church and has you stand against one of the big church doors. "Now stay here. Oh, and close your eyes."

Listening to her, you close your eyes and try to calm down your breathing. You stand there waiting, continuing to focus on breathing, and about a minute later you hear footsteps approach you. 

"Hey, baby. Are you alright?" Hearing your soon-to-be husband's voice, you move to look at him but he stops you before you can. 

Staying where you are you ask. "What a-are you doing here? Where's my sister?" 

"Your sister told me you were panicking and told me to come here. Baby you know I love you right?" Opening your eyes, you lean against the door knowing he's behind there.

"I know. I just got nervous that when you saw me you would change your mind about wanting to marry me." Embarrassed at your confession, you look down.

"Come here baby" Looking to the edge of the door, you see his hand sticking out. Moving closer, you grab his hand, as you feel the warmth of his hand in yours, you feel tears start to gather again. Giving your hand a squeeze, he continues. "I love you so so much, and I cannot wait to marry you and be called your husband. Heck, I would have married you the day I proposed if I could. I may have not seen you yet, but I already know that you look stunning right now."

Sniffling, you say. "I'm sorry for being stupid. I just got really nervous."

"It's okay. Look why don't you go to your sister, and clean up your tears?" 

"Okay."

"I love you alright. Now, are you ready to get married now?" He asks, giving your hand another firm squeeze.

Smiling, you feel one small happy tear stroll down your face as you give his hand a squeeze back.

"I'm ready."

***

Hello again!!!

Okay so I previously wrote a proposal scene and this is sort of a continuation I guess. But if you don't want to then you can just treat them as separate scenes.

I would like to thank @Diamond_girly_girlfor for making me this beautiful cover.

To those who want to make me a cover please dm me and I will 100% use it next month

Don't forget to leave a comment and I hope you enjoyed reading!!

❤️Ena