Chapter 3 - Battle of Trost District

"Commander Pyxis requests for our aid here, and protecting someone of great benefit to us." Hanji said as we flew to the skies with our ODM gears through Trost. Damages were already present and a lot of bodies were left. Cadets were zooming from here and there either avoiding the titans, grabbing new tanks and blades, or defending others.

"One of the Garrison members said something of an intelligent titan. Is that the so-called benefit that they're telling us about?" I asked. Hanji nodded and had THAT look. "I can't wait to test him / her out!" She says with excitement. I sighed and continued forward to where the broken gate of Trost was.

Someone suddenly flew beside me.

"Aya, stick with me. Your squad and mine will cover the eastern part. Hanji continue forward. Erwin's orders." Levi said. We nodded and I followed him heading east. Our squads and the rest of the 104th were there trying to fight off the titans. I moved quicker and targeted a 12-meter trying to grab on to one of the scouts with blonde hair. I pulled out my blades and quickly hooked on the building on the left, and slicing the nape faster than before with anger written on my face.

Damn these titans.

I unhooked from the building and onto one of the roofs that the other cadets were.

"You guys good?" I asked as I wiped of titan blood from my cheek. They all said yes and saluted.

"Where is your squad captain?" I asked one of them. She suddenly looked fearful and eyed someone on our right below. Oh...

I sighed and said, "For now, you all will be temporarily follow my orders as your squad captain until all this damn chaos is over. Understood?" I commanded.

"Hai!"

I nodded and gestured them to follow me as we ran from roof to roof to preserve some gas..

"Where is this intelligent titan that the commander trusted on plugging the hole?"

"A few meters south of the gate, captain!" The blonde guy responded

"There's a huge boulder near it that will be used to plug the hole." Another added.

"Alright then. Switch to ODM gear now. We will assist Captain Levi and his squad here on the east.

"Hai!" Then we used the gear and sped up heading to where Levi and the rest were. We continued to assist and kill as much titans that were left.

"You two, assist me on this. We got an abnormal incoming." I ordered, they were hesitant but nodded and followed. The abnormal was heading here fast with its arms waving on the sides.

"Aim for the legs and eyes for me. I'll directly aim for the nape."

The two did as told. One went for the legs causing the titan to kneel and the other almost sliced the eyes but was caught by its hands. She cried out fearfully for help.

"Tch." I then hooked on its head and reverted my direction from the nape towards the front and decapitated its whole hand, releasing the cadet. I hooked on to the building behind the titan and went for the nape. We got back to where the rest were and finished the job clearing the east part.

Suddenly a loud roar was heard all the way from the direction of the hole. Is that-

"Levi, should we help cover them?" I asked as I landed on a roof.

"Let's go. The rest of you continue your jobs here!" Levi ordered them and they followed. The two of us soon approached the intelligent titan and a couple other cadets. The titan carries the boulder on his shoulder and makes his way towards the gate.