8.

"Will you make it home by 4, Haz?" Zayn asked. He was laid on his back in bed procrastinating about getting up, while watching Harry get ready for work.

They're back at home. Holidays over. It was back to reality. Kids are back at school. Yazz wanted a pool party they'd denied her in their absence and now decided the very first week they are back to learning, was the best time to have it.

Harry said no. Zayn having left over feelings of guilt for leaving the kids behind said yes. While he thought a handful of Yazz's friends he can cope with, he had forgotten a crucial part for having the party in their house. Elijah, his horny son. He was going to gatecrash the party along with his friends.

While Mason's boyfriend, Bear, he didn't mind, it's the rest of them that were adding up to his 99 problems. He doesn't know them that well but had a feeling seeing Yazz's friends in bikinis was going to cause mayhem.

"No can do, baby."

"Why not?" Zayn sat up supporting himself with the headboard, careful not to wake Alfie, Niall's son.

Niall has checked into rehab and his son was having abandonment issues, not leaving Zayn's side. Niall was not the cause, Brooklyn was. Acting out of anger, Brooklyn had left, leaving children behind to stay at his mom's. He was angry with Niall, and anyone associated with him for being left in the dark about Niall's addiction.

Zayn, though alone in that, blames hormones for Brooklyn's irrational behaviour. Harry strongly disagree, not surprising Zayn who's convinced his other half disagrees with him just for the sake of it. They can't tell Niall about what Brooklyn has done as no contact for the first month was allowed. Going cold turkey on drugs was no fun.

If he's being honest, Zayn is hoping the pool party would be a mood booster for the older kids who they told about Niall's current residency. Brooklyn's, they can't explain.

"What's happening at 4?" Harry asked.

"What's happening is Yazz's pool party, Harry. I know, you know that."

"Yeah, I know about it. What I don't understand is why you are worried about a group of kids who can take care of themselves." Harry shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly looking at him.

Having just stepped out of a shower, Harry had a towel wrapped lowly around his waist, his hair slightly wet, water dripped onto his neck trailing down to his shoulders and spine. Zayn glanced away picking his phone to distract himself, it would be inappropriate to act on feelings with a toddler lying next to him.

He's been lusting after Harry a lot of late, because he's grown a beard.

"Whatever I need you here." He said.

"So does work, please don't make me choose." Harry said disappearing into the closet. "I say, buy a lot of snacks, pour yourself a pinot, put Bob Marley on, close the patio doors, and leave them to it. That's what I would do even if I made it home on time." he said from inside the closet, having to talk loudly.

"You made it sound so easy." Zayn mumbled to himself.

Maybe it is that easy. Was he fussing over nothing? They've taught Elijah to respect girls. Certain as he was his son will make a move on the girls, it won't be to the point where Elijah throws himself on them. Or would he? The joys of parenthood, Zayn sighed occupying himself with his phone, waiting as Harry got dressed for work.

"Don't forget I'm out of office all day. If you need me, call my mobile. If I don't answer, just keep trying or leave a message I'll return the call as soon as I can either way. And guess who I'm meeting with today as a potential client. If I bag him, secure a deal, and he put us on retainer, that'll be huge for us. He's loaded."