15.

Maggie's POV:

I wake up with my head pressed against someone's chest, their arm wrapped tightly around my body, holding me close. I look up to see Harry, fast asleep underneath me. His hair is splayed all over the place, his eyes fluttering as he sinks father into a dream state, his breathing slow and deep. I go wide eyed at the sight, slowly shifting myself off the bed without waking him up. He makes a grunting noise and rolls over on his side, but doesn't wake.

I make my way to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, brushing my hair, making myself look presentable. I stare at the mirror recounting the events that happened last night. He was struggling. I kissed him. He calmed down. We stared at the stars. We fell asleep. My heart started beating faster as my memories cleared up. Yeah, that might be a problem. I shake it off and open the door, seeing Harry waiting for the bathroom. I give him a kind smile and brush past him, unsure of what to say to him. I make my way into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl of cereal and sitting down at the table.

I don't know what I'm going to do if he comes in here. What do I say to him? 'Oh, sorry we fell asleep together on the same bed.' 'Oh, sorry I kissed you.' 'Oh sorry, you're the person I feel the safest with.' If I said those things, it would be a complete and utter lie.

I don't regret any of it. I mean it when I say he is the person I'm the closest to, but I guess you can look at that as a matter of circumstance. He's one of the small number of people that knows what's going on in my life right now. It's too risky for even my family to know. But there is just something about him that makes me feel safe, that makes me feel secure.

But I can't let that feeling of security cloud my judgement. I've been through this before and it just led me to drown in my false hope. I'm not doing that again. I don't think I can take it. So I'm being careful. I'm thinking with my head, not my rapid beating heart. I don't even know what it is that I'm feeling, but until I find out what it is, I'm not doing anything I might regret in the future. Right at that moment Harry knocks on the door frame, leaning against it, his hand running through his hair, his green eyes swimming in an emerald sea. Well this doesn't help.

"Hey, I just wanted to check on you. I didn't quite expect to fall asleep like that last night, I swear. " he says apologetically. I shake my head, swallowing my cereal.

"No worries, really. I didn't hate it." I tell him, my cheeks going red.

This head to mouth filter thing is total crap.

"I mean, it wasn't like I was uncomfortable." I try to recover, but it doesn't work. I scrunch up my face and shake my head in disappointment as I can't get my words across.

"I think I get what you are trying to say, don't worry." He says, laughing. No I don't think you do.

"How are you feeling?" I ask him, changing the subject. He sat down in front of me, slouching back in his chair.

"Better, thanks. I seem to be saying that a lot." he says, but he seems a little more embarrassed.

"I'm glad you're alright." I say thankfully, eating another spoonful of cereal.

"What are you doing today?" He asks, leaning forward. I look at him mischievously.

"Well, I have another meeting today, so I'll have to leave at some point." I tell him.

His face turns white like he just saw a ghost. A smile crosses my face before he says anything.

"Too soon for jokes?" I say, reassuring him. He regains color in his face, a look of relief washing over him.

"You are something else, Maggie." he says, shaking his head. I give him a kind smile before continuing.

"I'm actually working on your article today." I tell him, his eyes glancing up to mine in intrigue.