i n t r o

Z's pov

"Hey kid, get out of here!"

I turn to the old man and give him the finger as I walk away to a different spot to hide. I decided to hide behind a fruit cart somewhere hidden and less expose to people.

"There he is" I thought to myself.

"Shiny watch, smooth pants and expensive looking jewelry" I study him.

"I bet one of those silver rings can pay for a place for me to stay for at least two days or so. It's been a week since I last slept in a bed under a roof, and a year since I ran way from foster care".

You're probably wondering what a fourteen years old kid like me doing stalking a rich grown man, well I was just minding my own business on a casual Monday morning trying to find food, when a that guy pass by me and I wondered what would a rich looking guy be doing here in a smelly old market, so I've been following him for a while now waiting to shoot my shot.... In stealing of course.

I push the hair away from my face when I finally see my chance, he's done buying from a lady and now using his phone on the sidewalk. I walk up to him and pull his shirt.

"Hey mister" I said with my most childish voice.

"I'm lost, can you help me find my mommy" I add a little pout and made my eyes teary.

"I'm good at this"

He looks down at me with a disgusting look "listen kid, I don't have the time to-"

"Please, I'm scared!" I cut him off begging while I'm pulling his sleeves.

"Get off me you dirty-" he pushed me off hard making me fall on my butt.

"Listen kid I'm not the man you want to help you find your mommy" he says fixing he's sleeves "Now scram!" He yells.

I smirk at him and push myself off the ground.

"Thanks so much mister" I say dusting my jeans.

Turning around and walking away. I look over my shoulder to see him looking at me confused but eventually shakes it off and continue on his phone.

"thanks a lot" I repeat feeling his wallet on my jacket.

...

I sit on the park bench eating a burrito that I bought earlier with the money. There was a lot of money In that wallet, enough to help me for a few weeks and also there were a bunch of cards and some receipts.

I also stole one of his ring, its not that hard I've always been good at picking pockets, I don't know how,  but it's what I'm good at. It's only been a year I've been doing this and I'm surprised of how really good I am with it.

I've never really like doing it but sometimes some of us doesn't have a choice.

I take the ring out of my pocket and, it looks too big for my thin hands so I slide it on my thumb.

I reach my hands out so I could look at the ring on my finger, then I put it back inside my oversize denim jacket for safe keeping together with the wallet.

I'm gonna have to find a way on what to do with the ring, I'm sure that ring cost a lot of money.

It was getting cold so I throw the wrapper of my burrito in the bin cause I still care for this planet unlike other people. Then I started my journey to the nearest and cheapest motel to stay for the night.

As I was walking on the sidewalks beside some tall building I have this chilly feeling that someone's been watching me, I turn around but no one is there.