°46°

(Duplicity 68)

"Come back here!"

He shouts making me flinch at the voice that echoed around the empty garage.

I halt my steps and turn back around and not looking up I can sense his threatening presence as he stares down at me in anger.

"No." I mutter, slowly lifting my head up before hesitantly looking at him.

There he was. Breathing heavy from chasing me down the street. Eyes red caused by the drugs and the drinking. Fist clenched due to the anger.

I was so dumb for taking so long to see the trouble that was in front of me. How was it only  clear now that what I was dealing with an absolute mistake.

I shouldn't have said yes to you, I shouldn't even have went with you when you ask me to, I shouldn't have dated you Quincy. Or should I say Oliver.

Quincy, oh how sweet you were to me in those first few months, you showed me how it feels to be loved when I've never felt a single drop of that feeling all my life.

Except it wasn't love was it? It was to me, but for you? I was just a a little puppet you thought you could control. Bribed by the fake promises you said you could give.

You crave control and the the feeling of owning something that shouldn't be owned.

"No?" He asks making a chill run down my spine "No?!" He laughs, shaking his head in disagreement.

I watch in nervousness as he laughs at my words, until he stopped.

"That's not what you said when I first kissed you." He says making me look down "That's not what you said when I ask you to be my mine?" He says, his voice getting louder as he starts to walk closer.

"And you will not leave because you're mine!" He shouts taking another step being almost close to me "And a 'no' isn't gonna stop me!"

Having enough, I snap my head back at him full of anger "But that's what I said when you tell me to do things I didn't wanna do!" I shout with tears  spilling in my eyes.

"That's what I said when you always hurt me!" I cried having no control of my emotions anymore.

"But that didn't stopped you did it?" I sniffle, lowering my tone "Did it?" I ask looking straight at him.

"So why should it stop me?" I ask making him clench his jaw in anger.

I watch as he takes another step forward but before he could take his next one, I immediately reach for my gun inside my jacket and point it straight for him.

"Don't come any closer!" I shout gripping the weapon so hard in my hands that my knuckles are turned white.

Seeing the weapon, Quincy halted and slowly raised his hands in surrender "Z..." He starts.

"Don't!" I say as I use one hand to wipe the tears in my face "Don't fucking say my name" i say.

"Look, I'm sorry." He starts apologizing "Listen I'm just really drunk right now and I'm not in the right mind from all the drugs I've taken since you left so please." He begs.

"Leave." Is all I say, gun still pointing at his face

"Look I'm sorry! I'm really sorry.." he starts crying making me shake my head at him.

"I've just been so lost since you left, I love you Z, I really do and maybe we can work this out. You don't even have to take me back just tell me we can still be good and I'll leave. Please!" He begs.