•20•

(wedding part 2)

"Shit" I thought.

We both look at each other and back to the doors where a man that looks like he's in his sixties or seventies stood there with his hands full of boxes that seems to be gifts.

He went in and stand in front of us facing the doors.

"Would you mind pressing the button to the 25th floor" he asks with his deep old voice, I reach forward and press it for him.

The door finally closes and we wait inside looking anywhere waiting for the elevator to reach our destined floors.

"So you two are guests of the wedding huh" he speaks up.

I look to Z who points her head to him wanting me to answer his question.

So I nod "Yes sir" I say calmly.

He then turns his head facing back to me and watches me head to toe then he did the same to Z.

"You both seem young, what are you to the bride and groom?" He asks nicely.

"Distant relatives" Z answers him.

He looks back to her and nods "lovely dress" he smiles.

She smiles softly "thanks, nice smile" she compliments back.

He then turn back to her with a scrunched up face "I don't really know why I'm smiling, this shit is heavy" he says making Z chuckle.

"You work for them?" Z ask with a smile.

He hums as an reply, he then turn his whole body to me "Why don't you be a good gentleman and help me with all this gifts shall you" he said as he shoves me all the boxes not waiting for a reply so I reach out my hands in instinct eyes wide as he pushes the boxes to my chest.

"Thanks son" he said turning back to face the elevator doors "All this gifts are giving me back pain" he mutters "Why can't they just hire someone younger to carry all this, the longer I stay in this job they're gonna start to pay me a chiropractor appointment" he states.

I look to Z who's already looking at me trying to hold her laugh in, I can't help but think of how she looks cute, she turns back forward pressing her lips together in a tight smile trying to hide her laugh, I did the same looking back forward to the doors.

The elevator dings as the doors open, I look up and see that we're already at the twenty fifth floor.

"Thanks, you two have fun" the man then turns to me and harshly grabs all the boxes from my arms and scurried out the elevator and out to the hallway muttering something about asking for a raise.

The door closes back and I turned to Z who also turned to me and we both started laughing.

"He was... nice?" she says smiling.

"Yeah, poor guy they're gonna have to give him a raise soon" I say also chuckling.

"Yeah otherwise they would have to pay him a chiropractor" she chuckles.

The elevator dings meaning we are on the thirteenth floor, Z walks out first making sure to check if there is someone, then she signaled me that its clear so we both walk out the elevator making sure to check an eye on anyone that might be here.

This floor isn't like any of the other floors that looks like hotel hallways, this floor looks more like a garage.