•14•

(Duplicity chapter 38-39)

"Thank you for coming, your number was the only one I had in my phone

"Thank you for coming, your number was the only one I had in my phone."

Yesterday's mission was a success so we delivered the painting to a guy sent for us under a bridge then we went back to the hotel exhausted. I barely had sleep cause I spend the night in the balcony overthinking and probably lighting up a few cigarettes to ease the mind.

When I went back in my room I didn't have time to take a nap cause I needed to start packing for the bus will be leaving in a few hours.

When I went out of my room and to the bus I pass Harry's room and Aven went out of it just as I was passing by, she ask me if I could help her and she opens the door for me to see the room soaking wet with Harry passed out in the bed and as soon as I see how trashed the room was I knew exactly what happened.

I told her I'll be back cause I have to bring my things to the bus first, and when I come back I bumped into Niall who was also called by Aven to help.

He looks at me "the usual?" He ask me rubbing he's eyes.

I nod yawning while he nods back opening the door and letting me in first.

I now stood in the middle of the soaking wet room, with my cold hands inside the pockets of my huge brown jacket and my eyes burning from zero sleep with my hood covering my hair.

Niall and I came in with large bags under our eyes three of us clearly having no sleep at all, he has his grey hood up and hands in his sweatpants pocket.

He shuts the door behind us as we both glance around the room, He let out a stagnant huff, shaking his head.

"He did a number this time huh?" Niall
murmurs peering his eyes around the soaking wet floor, we both know this has happened often and it always leads to both of us being the ones to get him after both of us being the ones who saw him like this for the first time.

"I managed to clean a lot up, it was way worse." She murmurs as I slowly walk around.

"I cleaned the bathroom of all water, the garbage and cigarettes,I just didn't know what to do about that." She points at the table that had a duffie bag of cocaine, bags of pills, and a gun.

I look at it then back at her "You didn't touch them right?" I ask cautiously.

She shook her head.

"Good." I murmur, as Niall walk over to it.

"You don't want your prints on this stuff." Niall explains for me.

"Should I ask why you guys even have all that just out in the open?" She says.

"It's been staring at me for a while.I was scared all night someone would just walk into the room and see all of that there" She starts.

"He shouldn't have it out in the open, but he does that a lot when he gets like this." He says in his tired voice, grabbing all the paraphernalia and drugs with his bare hands to clean it up and put it away.