‹ CHAPTER 3 ›

JENNIFER'S POV

"Here we are!" beamed Samantha as we five stood outside the entrance.

We moved in. To my surprise, it wasn't really a carnival. It was a carnival city! It surprisingly covered an enormous area. It was nearly impossible to explore the whole place in a single day.

As soon as we entered, we were greeted by a HUGE ferris wheel. We stood there in awe as if we saw fairies or mermaids. There were different kinds of stalls, rides, etc. It had an haunted house too! It was having a whole amusement park inside it. Who can imagine a carnival being like this?

We parted and went to different directions. Kevin and Lance went to the haunted house, Caroline went to a mini games stall whereas I and Samantha just moved straight forward.

The place wasn't much crowded. Maybe the people didn't knew about it.

We both saw a jumbo sized tent on our way.
"What's that?" I asked Samantha, just to get an 'i dont know' as an answer.

"So you want to know what's inside it," someone asked us. We both turned around to face an old woman, nearly in her 60's who was resting her chin on a stick which she was holding.

"Yes grandma. Do you know what's there?" Samantha questioned the old lady. She smiled. "It's a circus show. It will begin at 5:30pm. You can check it out that time," she answered. "Thanks grandma," I replied and we both bowed to her. As soon as I returned back to my original position, I couldn't find a single trace of the lady.
"She's mysterious," I whispered to myself.

×

"This carnival is different," Samantha said, rubbing both her hands in glee. "Any doubt? It covers an area more than the Vatican City, has an amusement park, haunted house-" I was cut mid sentence by her as she grabbed my wrist harshly and dragged me towards a group of people who were performing salsa dance.

"Are you even serious?" I hissed as I saw her dancing with those professional dancers.

"It's fun girl! Why don't you join us?"

It was at that moment when Caroline came out of nowhere, just to join her.

"When did you come?" Samantha asked as she continued swaying her waist and hands in motion. "Just now," Caroline replied and started moving her body too.

"Tell me when you both are over," I said as I strode off to another way. "Fine," I heard the two screaming at the top of their lungs.

I purchased soft drink from a nearby stall to quench my thirst. Finally, I was relieved.

I moved forward.

"That's not acceptable," I heard a voice. A deep, husky voice which belonged to a man. "Sorry sir, that won't happen again. I'm really sorry. Please grant me another chance," said another voice.

I hid behind a stall to secretly listen to their conversation. I knew it wasn't right, but still I wanted to know what was happening.

I saw a tall man in black suit and black sunglasses. Somehow I got reminded of the agents from the movie 'Men in Black'. He had two bodyguards surrounding him. I saw another man. He was short, basically a potato and was wearing colourful clothes and a hat with stars on them. Another old fashioned thing.

"This is the first and the last time I'm forgiving you. I won't spare if you repeat this," the tall man said and walked away, without leaving any other look. I saw his silhouette disappearing at a fair distance. Well, he was rude.

"Phew," the potato man sighed as he wiped off the sweat beads, formed on his forehead due to nervousness.

I ran away from the site as I didn't wanted anyone to catch me spying.

"Who were those two?" I kept asking myself. I shook my head violently. "Let's just forget about it. Maybe, it was some personal matter," I assured myself.

Lost in my own thoughts, I didn't realise that I was already near the main entrance.

CAROLINE'S POV

"It was fun," Samantha said, taking a deep breath.

Wait, is it Jen? Is she planning to leave?

"Jennifer!" I screamed.

JENNIFER'S POV

"Jennifer!" Caroline screamed.

"Huh, are you both done?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Yeah but where are you going without us?"