Steve Rogers / Sam Wilson imagine - Complicated

This one is for lollyroo1996, I hope you like it because I spent a lot of time on it.

The next few chapters are gonna be imagines! If you have an idea for one, don't be shy to request it!

---------------------------------

Complicated. That's how I would describe my relationship with Steve right now. We've been fighting nonstop. One would say something and the other would immediately start a fight.

"I can't believe you!" Steve gritted furiously through his teeth.

"Why? Because I'm right?" I crossed my arms and gave him a flat look. It's true, I am right. We were fighting about the tactic for our next mission. He wants to go in the HYDRA facility fast and guns blazing, but I, however, don't. It's more logical to go in quietly, take care of security, get the bad guys and get out. But no! Steve thinks his idea is better. God, sometimes, he's worse than Stark!

Steve made a bitch face and stood up so he was towering over me. "No, Y/n, you're not right. Back in my day-"

"News flash! We're not in the 40s anymore! You need to adjust and start listening to other suggestions! We're supposed to be a team!" I was now screaming at him. Maybe I went a little overboard, but he had it coming.

"God, I can't stand you being bossy!" he said put his hands on his hips.

"Oh, I'm bossy? What about you, Mister "I'm Captain America and I can do nothing wrong"?" I mocked him and mimicked his body language.

"I'm Captain America and I can do nothing wrong!" he repeated childishly and continued "I can't stand this anymore! I'm breaking up with you! It's over, Y/n!"

His words struck me out of the blue. Now I really took it too far, but it's too late to turn back. I turned on my heel and marched towards our, no, now only his, bedroom. I packed my things and headed towards the front door. Unfortunately, Steve was standing there.

"Where do you think you're going?" he moved to the left and blocked my exit.

"I'm leaving you, stupid." I replied harshly and on the edge of breaking down crying. "I'm quitting you, this relationship and the Avengers!"

"You can't."

"Why not? You said yourself. It's over!" And just like that I was out and I drove away.

I didn't know where to go. Natasha's place? Nah, she's probably busy with Clint. Tony? He wouldn't understand. Only one I have left is Sam.

When I made it to Sam's place, my eyes were red from crying and I was sniffling like crazy. I got out of the car and rang the doorbell. "Just a moment." Sam's voice was heard from the inside.

"Hey, Sammy." I greeted him sadly as soon as he opened the door.

"Y/n, what happened?" Sam asked softly and pulled me in for a bear hug.

"Steve and I had a fight and he... he broke up with me!" the last part made the tears spill from my, already red and puffy, eyes.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Come here, I'll make you hot chocolate and we'll talk about it. Okay?"

*Two months later*

"Hey, babe." Sam appeared behind me wrapping his around my waist and kissing my cheek.

"Morning, handsome. How was your run?" I turned around and stood on my toes to kiss him.

"Great. Kinda wish you were there with me."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"Because you're adorable when you sleep." Sam smiled and leaned down to kiss me again.

I know you wondering how? When? And why? Well it happened three weeks after Steve broke up with me. Sam let me stay with him and he spent his every free moment comforting me. After I realized how sweet and caring he is towards me, I couldn't help but to fall in love with him. Sam never picks up a fight and respects my opinions. Suddenly, our little moment was interrupted by the doorbell.

"I'll get that." I chirped and walked over to the door. When I opened it, my eyes immediately landed on Steve, then Natasha and Clint. But damn it! Why Steve?

"Hi." I said shakily.

"Hey. Is Sam home?" Natasha asked because she could tell it was too awkward for Steve or Clint to say anything.

"Yeah come in." I moved so they could get in. "Sam, can you come in, please?"

"I'm here, sweetie. What's up guys?" Sam jogged to the living room. I awkwardly stood there with his arm wrapped around my waist feeling all of their eyes on me and him.

"We're trying to find those mercenaries HYDRA hired. " Steve finally spoke, but I somehow felt more awkward. "We need your help."

"Sure, man. Just give me a second to change." Sam said, kissed my cheek and went upstairs.

After a few moments of silence, someone finally dared to say something. But, just my luck, it was Steve.

"Seems like you and Sam are doing well."

"Yeah." I said quietly and mentally cursed at Sam for taking too long.

"Wow! You can cut the tension with a knife." Clint laughed and earned a smack on the back of the head from Nat.

"Shut up, Clint. You're making it worse!"