FLUORESCENT ADOLESCENT

「 ⦁ 」

" you know what ? today reminded me of you. it's hot as hell. "

" thanks. i fucking love you too, dude. "

𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐓.
steve palchuk x fem!oc
by fqerietales !

𝑰𝑵 𝑾𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑯 mars khurana, anxious king of sci-fi, basketball, and computers, got dragged into a mess where she just had to geek out about stuff she was born with — magic

𝑰𝑵 𝑾𝑯𝑰𝑪𝑯 mars khurana, anxious king of sci-fi, basketball, and computers, got dragged into a mess where she just had to geek out about stuff she was born with — magic. modern day wizards were an odd nation indeed, and mars just had to be one of them. she was a magical, multi-ethnic artificer, her room and garage filled to the brim with all sorts of gadgets and gear, tweaked to channel enchantment throughout. it was about time she put them to good use.

living in a small californian town would usually be considered rich and boring, but arcadia oaks was anything but. beneath it resided ancient creatures of yore, above it resided extraterrestrial forces, and within it's people was an assembly of magic users of all kinds, hidden within crowds of mortal. the safest yet most dangerous hideaway was here.

mars was merely an awkward, anxious jock kid that had a brain. she wasn't a super engineer or combat specialist ... to their fellow students anyway. there was a reason why her oldest sister owned a martial arts dojo and why mars had, like, five computers in her attic bedroom. besides breaking a teenage stereotype, mars made discoveries and inventions daily. they were a nerd, enjoying every moment to herself as time flew by. yet when her skillset needed to come in handy, it soon did.

trollish creatures had a war erupting from beneath arcadia oaks, longing for the enemy to fall and dust away. when guardians rose, the war was only kindled to burn brighter. and in the guardians' most stupid, vulnerable moments, mars just had to join in. and, holy mother of god, this shit was a wild ride.

(published march 2021,
republished august 2022)