⎡𝟰⎦

⎡𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗛𝗢⎦

Hell? But how? This isn't real, he must be lying. "The elevator you went into isn't just any normal elevator. It's a gateway between hell and earth that only opens from time to time. It's called the hellevator." "How do we get back?" Hyunjin asks, and I'm glad he did because that's the one thing I want to know right now. "There's no specific time the hellevator opens up. If it's closed, you won't be able to get back." My heart sinks at his answer. So Hyunjin and I will be stuck here in hell? "There's one being who can tell when the hellevator will open again. He might be able to help you." "Who is he? Where can we find him?" "My brother. He lives here, he'll be back soon." "Really, that would be wonderful-" "Look, just because I'm giving you a few answers doesn't mean I trust you. I'm not going to help you just because you say you need it."

Just as he's about to turn and walk away, the door opens behind us and a few guys that look our age step inside, not noticing me and Hyunjin yet. While they're talking, I spot a pair of fangs in each of their mouths, meaning they're not human as well. "Chan, we got the- woah, are those humans?" The blonde-haired boy asks, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Felix, yes they are. They say they got here through the hellevator." The boy walks past us and stands next to the man. "Oh, then I can help them get back. You two, follow me." He points us at me and Hyunjin and motions for us to follow him. 

"Felix, wait. We can't trust them so easily. Not after what happened last time." "Chan, just let me do this. I have a feeling they don't mean harm." He leads us to a room with a lot of shelved books and a bunch of boxes stacked in a corner. "I'm sorry if he seems a little cold. He... has a bad past with humans and a lot of trust issues. Please sit down." I look around and spot two armchairs and sit down in one. 

"I'll need you to tell me how you got to know about the hellevator." Hyunjin looks at me and I  take a deep breath, getting ready to speak. "Uh, my mom got into an accident, so I took her to the hospital. I was on the rooftop and a man suddenly came up to me and gave me an address, telling me that if I go there and get on the elevator, I can save my mom. Hyunjin has nothing to do with this, he just tagged along." Felix nods his head and walks to one of the bookshelves. He reaches up, grabs a book, and starts flipping through the pages. 

"You're kind of stupid, to be honest." I look at him, a bit surprised by his remark, but I know it's true. "Why would you blindly go somewhere a stranger tells you to? You were basically asking for trouble." I sigh and look down. "I know, but I was desperate. I would've even killed myself if someone told me that would save my mom." He looks at me and his eyes soften a bit. "Why? You really love your mom that much?" "Yeah, I guess. I just never got to do anything for her. She was already going through so much being a single mother and I was a brat who never tried to understand her." He nods in response and looks back down at the book.

Suddenly, he starts chanting something and makes weird hand gestures. His eyes start glowing red and the book flips to a page on its own. Moments later, his eyes go back to normal and he looks at the book, smiling. "You're really lucky. It usually takes months, even years, for the hellevator to open. But this time, it's opening in two weeks." Two weeks? That's way too long! As if is he read, my thoughts, Felix says "I understand why you're concerned. It's because of your mom, right?" I nod my head.

He looks at the book and frowns. "You're mom is... supposed to die in a few hours." "What? No! Please do something to save her!" Tears well up in my eyes, threatening to fall out. "I can't... well... no, I can't." Hyunjin steps into the conversation and says "Why did you hesitate? You're lying." Felix sighs and closes the book. "Look, the only way to make your mother live longer is by giving up years of your life." "I'll do it. I'll give up my life, just please save her." "Are you sure? By doing this, you'll only have about 2 or 3 years to live at most."