⎡𝟰𝟳⎦

⎡𝗠𝗜𝗡𝗛𝗢⎦

The moment I open my eyes, the blinding lights shine in my eyes. I look around and immediately smile, despite the slight pain in my ribs. For once, I'm glad to be in the hospital. I've come here a lot, but this time, I really thought I was gonna die. Either I survived, or heaven looks awfully like an operation theater. 

"HE'S FUCKING ALIVE OH MY GOD!"

I wince at the sound of a loud voice. I look to my side and see Jisung looking at me with wide eyes. "Did you have to yell?" I ask, my ears still ringing from his scream. Before he can respond, people flood into the room, my mom being in front of them all. "Honey... you made it," she says, her lips quivering, She pulls me into a warm hug, one that makes me feel like a kid again. "Mom, what happened? Why is everyone so surprised?" 

She wipes her tears away and looks at me with a smile. "The doctors said you were d-dead, but somehow, you woke up. You're still alive." Seonghwa rushes to my side. "You bitch, you got me worried!" I laugh at his tear-stained face. "Were you crying? Oh my god, you careeeeee~" I tease, knowing he hates showing affection. "Shut up, I just happen to get some dust in my eyes."

--

After everyone greets me, they leave so I can get some rest. The whole ordeal confuses me. According to the curse, I should be dead. But here I am, alive and breathing. I don't get how it happened, but I sure am grateful. I remember my life flashing before my eyes while Jisung was carrying me into the car. I'd never taken death more seriously than at that moment.

My thoughts get cut off by the door slowly opening. I look and smile and smile when I see that it's Chan. I was wondering where he was, since I expected him to be the first one at my side when I woke up. "Hey Chan, where were you?" I stare at him and notice that something's different about him. Usually, his eyes are wandering, but it feels like he's looking right at me this time. 

"Hey Min... you look beautiful."

"Why thank you- wait. What did you say?" He smiles widely and starts walking towards me. "I said you look fucking beautiful. I can see now, baby." My eyes widen before grab his face with my hands. "Really? You're kidding! How many fingers am I holding up?" I hold up two fingers in front of his face, nervously waiting for his answer. His eyes soften and he smiles warmly. "Pink suits you."

I look down and see that I'm wearing a pink sweater. " Ch-Channie, you can really see, right? This feels like dream..." He chuckles, gently wrapping his arms around me, the scent of his cologne filling my nostrils. "You're not dreaming, love. Your cancer is gone and I can see again." "But how?"

"Yoongi... used the magic in his being to cure your cancer and give me back my sight." "What? I need to thank him! I can't believe he that for us!" Chan's smile dropped and he looks down. "You don't understand. To use the magic in your being means to convert your energy into a spell. The spell needed to cure cancer requires a lot of energy. So much that... it'll kill whoever casts it. Yoongi sacrificed his life for us."

"W-what?" He doesn't respond, meaning this isn't some kind of sick joke. I freeze in shock, realization hitting me. Yoongi is dead because of me... Yeah, he did a lot of bad things in life, but that's not who he is anymore. I can't do this, I can't live at the cost of someone else.

"Min, I know what you're thinking right now. Trust me, Yoongi is in a better place now. He's with the love of his life, Jimin. He told me to make sure you don't feel guilty. Don't be sad, okay?" He places a soft peck on my lips, calming me down in the process. I smile and lean my forehead against Chan's. "Then I guess he's with his soulmate... while I'm with mine."