GETTING READY TO LEAVE

Wayo's POV

I was left with two weeks before the start of the semester for me as a freshman in the Science Faculty. While I'm packing, I thought it would be nice to tell all of you about what's going in my life at the moment. Well let's start with family, mama, papa, and Lhong are everything to me. I see them as my everything, at the end of the day when I return home from school I can always be sure mum would make something for me. My parents both hold a string of business companies all over Thailand and more importantly, we are the leading businessmen in the country now, making us one of the richest families in Thailand.

Since my childhood mama and papa have always ensured that I got what I want, but still they made sure that my brother and I wouldn't turn out to be spoiled rich brats, if not my brother then at least I am.

Lhong, my brother.....is.....a......playboyishish kind of guy, but believe me if he decides to love someone, then he will be oblivious to the entire world but his lover. Deep inside he is a very kind human being but he might not appear so on the outside. Whenever we are at the dining table and papa is tensed, then he shall be our tension breaker, shooing away all the sadness and stress from work.

Oops, sorry I forgot to mention the unofficial member of the family, although he's still my relative, it's none other than our stupid friend Ming. You might know him, because of looks there's always a crowd around him and he takes it for granted and who knows what happens next. Fun, partying, booze and girls would be enough, to sum up about him, identical to Lhong we three have always been the trio who entertain all our relatives. At any gathering, we would be in the spotlight.

And him......

*Looks at his altar of phana's photo collection.

He is a medical student, I have been in love with him since my junior high school years. He's a year older than me and is the handsome hotspot whose magnetic pull affects people over a kilometer. In high school, he had a reputation of being intimidating, repulsive, and naughty, but still, no one expected that one day he would enter into the medical faculty, he's quite intelligent too. Now I'm a freshman and he's a sophomore, still his secret admirer I have taken it my goal to be on his side and let fate take us to a destination.

Still talking I realize that packing can be quite a job too. Usually, uncle Tonhon does it for me, but this time I thought it would be better if I packed.

Now let's talk about the real unofficial member of our family, shall we? Uncle Tonhon and his companion chonlatee (that's what he says but we still are not clear between what's going on between them) have served our family for over a year now. We have become more than close friends. I remember when they first came here, we were told they were kicked out of their house, so papa wanted to help them. After knowing about their skills in cooking, they have been given the key to a room downstairs (Which they told they would share) and a job that could keep them with us.

I relate a lot to P'Chonlatee. I find his company friendlier and in a way, it makes me happier, like when I'm with Ming. With my brother, in the beginning, things might go well but after an hour you might see not just the room in which we were, but the whole house turned upside down. Mummy somehow finds this amusing, she always keeps telling people that

" Wayo is my pride but Lhong is my joy"

.....................................................................................................................

"YO"

"WAYO, come down darling"

My mum called me downstairs pulling me out of my narrative, sorry na, let's talk another time like this when we are alone. Out of curiosity, I went outside my room to check from where exactly the sound came from. Mum caught my attention waving her hand at me down from the kitchen. Although the view might be nice and clear from up here it takes a minute to get down there. Walking corridor after corridor. Quite annoying, but used to it by now.

After getting down I sensed the aroma of deliciousness and ticklish appetite. Mummy, uncle Ton, and P'Chonlatee were bustling around the kitchen as if they were making a banquet.

"Uncle Ton, what is all of this? Don't tell me you are preparing a banquet are you?" I asked casually sitting on the marble countertop of the kitchen and taking a slice of apple near me.

"Quite yes dear but not a banquet!," replied Uncle Ton, for which mum and P'Chon smiled at me.

Mummy came forward and spoke as she held me by my shoulders"My dear Wayo, It was this morning it dawned in my head that now you have become a man as I am sending you off to your university. As sad as I am to send you away I also feel happy that I have raised my son to become a proper man and kind to all he meets, not to mention how cute you look (*pinching my cheeks) but also how mature you are".

"Mummyyyyy, I am not cute I am handsome, you still haven't answered why you are preparing all of my favorites"

"We are having dinner tonight at home, yo" Uncle Ton spoke, "Your papa and mama want to hold a dinner at home along with Ming's family as you both will be leaving tomorrow"

"Is this required mummy, after all, we will come back on possible weekends to visit and stay"

"Darling we do it because we want to remember this moment and also celebrate how you passed in distinction"

Well, that caught me, I am proud of myself for scoring though, after all, I worked hard for three months on the entrance examination and cracked through it.

"Now, Wayo I called you downstairs to inform you to catch up with Ming and Lhong. get ready for dinner and be home by 8, I heard Ming and Lhong went out together"

Looking at the wall clock I shouted "What?". Everybody shocked, I immediately ran realizing how much time I have taken in packing and conversing, you guys should have told me na. Oh shit, I have to hurry. By the way, I don't curse except for times when I have to, ba-bye see you na.