Chapter 13: Divide and Conquer

"Well, looks like we're really in," Ryan said as the group was well-armed. Everyone (except Alex) was pretty used to firearms since their training. The plan was simple. Get into the base, find the signal controlling those poweroids, and jam them. Like the one in Jessica, those chips are pretty fragile, to begin with.

"Jessica, Alex, I want you to come with me," Noah ordered them as he went inside the cabin. The boat itself, although big, was supposedly crammed for so many people. As they went inside, Noah held a grey badge with a white void and purple gloves that are leather.

"Jessica, we need to keep track of the number of your copies that you will make," Noah said as Jessica saw the badge for her. "The original, your 'mother' took this when she wore her outfit every time, helps to keep track."

"What happens if I clone too much, can it fit a large number?" Jessica said at his remark, as she took the badge. "Oh, don't worry, she can split up to six digits," Noah chuckled as Jessica's blue eyes widened. As she implanted the badge on her chest, the badge magnetized to her, as a black number appeared into the white void. The number reads out the digit 'One'. "Huh, That is pretty neat," Jessica admitted as she tucked the badge further.

Just as she does that, her flesh started splitting as she clones herself. Sure enough, the badge was replicated as well but showed a 'two' digit on the clone's badge. "Thank you, sir," both Jessicas said as Noah handed the gloves to Alex.

"Your hands tend to feel pain or electrocuted when you use your powers yes?" Noah asked the boy, as Alex nodded in advance. "Well, you gonna need this then," Noah said as he handed the gloves to Alex. As Alex strapped it on, his hands surged in energy as he moves them. 

"Wow, I actually like it." 

"Of course you would," Noah chuckled seeing his student carrying utensils in his mind. Then there was the destination in mind.

"ETA 20 minutes sir," Ryan said as Noah took the binoculars off him. The island was near enough for them. Being in the Caribbean and South America, it was rather a humid place. Being that the island itself is probably bought by the Order themselves, they shouldn't expect any government intervention.

"Alright children, you all know the plan?" Ryan said as the soldiers in red were insight. Everyone was tense, especially Kat, who looked as if she would rather be anywhere but here. "How long until we reach there again?" Kat mumbled to Alex as she shivered in the parameters of the jungle.

The boat then shook as everyone lost their step. Not a good start in this stealth mission. "Alright, we gotta we find out where the signal comes," Noah said as everyone was coming out of the boat. Jessica was first, as usual, followed by Alex helping Kat up. Jack jumped inland as he looked backward at the old man. "You're not coming?" Jack said to Noah disappointingly.

"I am," Ryan said, with a rifle mounted at him. Even though the poweroids are armed as well, Ryan's the only one with real experience. 

"Alright, phase one, recon. Jessie split up," Ryan said as Jessica nodded without hesitation. Within moments, identical bodies emerged from her, with clone after clone, all went into position with each wearing a rifle. Soon enough, the area was populated with clones of herself ready for orders. Alex saw the number on the last clone, with a '50' on her badge. So many, and yet the Jessicas never show any signs of fatigue.

"Do we really need that many?" Kat said as she looked around the dozen, identical blonde girls staring at her unflinchingly. "We are infiltrating a base, I think we need all we have right now," Noah said as he waved goodbye at them. Looks like Ryan has to babysit them now.

"Alright, you five search for the base, tell me anything you find," Ryan said to the five Jessica copies as they went out, without any questions or hesitations. "Alright, the rest of you, follow me," Ryan said wearily as the whole group went out.

...

"We reached the position, found the base," Jessica's voice buffered out of Ryan's radio, as the group finally moved out after a couple of hours of squatting. The night didn't help at all, as the pitch-black void had to be silenced by their flashlights. At least they were moving. Alex had a hard time staying focus, and Jack can't stop cussing under his breath.

Soon enough, the five Jessicas awaited them, squatting down awaiting orders with one already sleeping on the other Jessica's shoulders, which prompted the latter to softly tap on the shoulder to wake her up. "They're right ahead," Jessica said as she handed the binoculars to Ryan. Sure enough, the makeshift base was visible with all the camps and trucks. From there, Ryan saw a boy no older than the ones he's with, having a collar around his neck and eyes blinking yellow.

"Well, looks like they got their own poweroids after all," Ryan said as Jack couldn't help but snatch the binoculars from him. True enough, the whole base is packed with soldiers. 

"Phase two, Divide and Conquer," Ryan whispered as he saw the generator at the back. As Ryan looked to Kat, her fears were unfortunately true.

"Kat, you and five Jessie dupes sneak into the generator, and sabotage with this," Ryan lent the EMP device to Kat, in courtesy of Roland, as she saw the five clones all at her beck and call. Shouldn't be hard for Kat, not like she's gonna fight people anyway. "Jack, Alex, and the rest of you Jessicas follow me, we gonna raise hell at them."

With this, everyone went into the plan. Alex and his pals weren't fully ready, but all the training shouldn't be for naught. Sure enough, being a hundred meters apart, Ryan looked at Alex, hoping that the boy is ready.

"See that truck? Ram it to the barrels," Ryan whispered to Alex as the latter saw the driver getting out. Alex gulped at the idea. He never moved an object that heavy, and killing people? No, he should be used to it back at the escape attempt, and he sure saw his buddies killed by them.

"What are you waiting for!?"

"I'm trying," Alex whispered furiously as his hands tremble. The truck moved by mere inches, but Alex's willpower is at its limits. Jack shook his head angrily at Alex, his blood boiling.

"I've found something!"

"No!" Alex yelled as the guard said that. Sure enough, the truck tipped over as it hits the barrels, causing a relatively large explosion.

"Let's go!" Jack pounced as he led the charge. Leading thirty-five clones, Jessica went forth like a warrior, leading her copy-comrades into the fire. As gunshots intensify, Alex breathed heavily at what he had done, panting to get into the action. 

Jack violently hit everything he saw, while cursing in pain as bullet after bullet hits him. The copies gave all their worth, shooting down their targets without hesitation. The Jessica army grew up to nearly a hundred as they all coordinate together against probably dozens of soldiers. A good thing their aim is superb. As Alex went into the battlefield, a Jessica clone was suddenly hit with a bullet and fell lifelessly to the ground. 

Sure enough, the prime Jessica screamed as she was shot. It must be terrible as she must've felt her death. "Don't let the prime get killed!" Ryan ordered as the prime Jessica was dragged off by the nearest clone.  Several more clones got shot, making her agony all the more painful.

Alex, feeling that he didn't contribute to the battle, stopped bullets in their path. Tens of bullets obeyed his command as the Order soldiers stopped firing in disbelief. Alex saw the floating bullets and smiled at them.

"Come and get them!" Alex yelled with glee.