Part 1

My heart was beating so fast. It was really him, I.M. Chang Kyun, the famous kpop idol who is well known for his mesmerizing voice and captivating stage presence.

While I was trying to hold myself together, he asked in a voice laced with worry ,"Are you okay?"

His voice was so soothing, just as I remember, deep and relaxing.

"I think so." I replied.

He looked at me and asked,

"What are you doing here alone? You don't look like a native. Why are you out and about so late in the night in this part of the city. Don't you know how dangerous this place is? Let me drop you home. Tell me your address."

"I actually don't live here.."

"Then I'll take you where you are staying."

"I'm afraid I don't have a place to stay anymore."

I looked down with dried tears on my cheeks. I was so desperate in need of help. I felt his eyes wander over my figure. I shrunk back in shame. My clothes were soaked and my hair were a mess.

I raised my head and looked into his eyes. His eyes were dark, deep and scary. I could not decipher anything. His eyes looked empty. I couldn't read anything. We stayed like this for a while, then he broke eye contact and spoke

"Come on, let me take you with me then."

"I'm sorry but I don't think that is right. I mean I don't know who you are and you don't know anything about me. How can I trust you? Where are you planning to take me to?"

"To where I live. I am sorry but I cannot just leave you here to die. I know you may not know me, but trust me it is less dangerous where we are going than here. Just let me get you out of this place and then you can decide if you want to accompany me"

I stayed silent. I thought, maybe he was right. I will die here anyways if I stay. Maybe this is my last chance to stay alive. I nodded in agreement and said, "I don't think I can walk."

He took the hint and gave me support and grabbed me and carried me to his car.