Part 3

It was 3 PM when I woke up the next day. My head was pounding with headache. I felt so tired. I felt that I'd be ill for many more days. I got out of the bed and went to the bathroom. I washed my face. I was still looked like a mess. I realized that now I was covered with wounds that would never heal. My soul was hurting. I started crying as I became more aware of my state. I cried and cried till the tears dried up. Then I stood up and gathered myself together. I was sitting on the bed thinking when he knocked on my door. I unlocked the door. He looked me up and down. He was looking so good, unlike me. He spoke after standing there for a minute:

'' Are you ready?''

''Ready for what?'' I blurted out

''I am taking you out.''

What is he talking about? I was expecting him to kick me out but he is planning to take me out?What is he thinking? What should I do?

I asked, ''But, why?''

''Shopping, perhaps? You need new clothes. You don't have any belongings with you. Besides, I can't cook. I guess you don't want to be hungry.''

I was embarrassed, but he was right. I was looking awful. I had no option but to follow him. If you have nothing, you have no right to have a choice either. I nodded and then we went to his car.

While we were sitting in the car he asked,

'' Are you feeling better?''

I didn't answer immediately, ''I guess..''

He sighed. We didn't talk again for the rest of the way.

We went to a store. He waited me outside, while I was looking for some clothes. I chose the first things that caught my attention. I didn't want to keep him waiting for so long. He paid and I went to change my clothes. Then we went to a cafe. We sat opposite to each other. The only thing between us was the impending silence. He order food while I was just siting there and watching.

He asked, ''So, you know me?''

First I was surprised, then I remembered what happened the night before.

''Yeah, oh what a surprise, you are famous!''

He looked at me with cold eyes. That look somehow encouraged me to talk.

''Guess you aren't happy with that..''

He didn't answer again. I didn't stop.

''Tell me, how is it like being a K-pop idol? I've always wondered. They say it's not how it seems. It must be hard being famous.''

Actually, I had no idea why I was asking these questions. Maybe I was annoyed by his cold looks and wanted to irritate him a bit. Guess what, it worked.

He said, ''Stop with this stupid questions.''

I blushed. stupid.

''I thought you wanted to talk..''

''Not about this.''

I was mad. I didn't ask anything bad. Did I?

We didn't talk much for the rest of the meal. But a few times, I caught his eyes on me. I felt weird. Every time our eyes met I felt weird. His eyes were so deep like the complete darkness of night. I felt like he could read my mind, all my thoughts, all my desires. I felt like he knew all of it. As if I was naked, he was breaking all my walls. My thoughts were interrupted by his words:

''I have to know Vera. Who are you? Why are you here?''

I was shocked by his sudden question. I didn't want to answer. But I was scared that I will be left alone again.

''I.. I am Vera Valdez. I came here a month ago. To visit my boyfriend. I was staying with him.'' I stopped.

''You have to talk if you want me to help you. I want to help you.''

I couldn't. I couldn't tell him. It was so hard for me. All I could do was cry. Fell into pieces in front of his sophisticated eyes. I was exhausted. I was broken. I wasn't sure If I could ever put myself together again...

He sighed, then came to me. He made me stand up and took me out of there. I sighed and said annoyingly, ''Why are you even trying? Just let me be. Leave me alone. Let me die.''