Chapter 3

Alex's pov;

"Can I go to the bathroom please?" I asked my maths teacher. "Sure. Do you need someone to go with you?" He asked. "No thanks I'm fine" I replied grabbing my cane.

"I can help?" Zach offered. The teacher smiled. I gave Zach a soft smile and he helped me get up, grabbed my school bag and walked outside with me.

"I can make it from here..." I chuckled. "Sure you don't want me to carry you?" He asked smiling. I rolled my eyes. "I'm good but I'll be sure to call you if I don't feel like walking anymore" I told him.

"Would you...maybe wanna like.... go to a movie or something?" He asked me. I felt my heart rate speed up. Did he mean as friends? "Uh...yeah. Sure Zach I'd love to go" I shrugged.

"Great...how about next Friday? I would go this Friday but we have a game that day" he told me. I nodded. "Next Friday is perfect. I'll see you at the game though" I smiled. He smiled back, handed me my bag and went back to class.

I made my way to the bathroom and I heard someone sniffling inside a stall.

"Uh...hello?" I knocked on the stall. "Occupied" the person called out but I recognized the voice. "Winston?" I questioned.

"Alex?" Winston sounded unsure. "Open the door. Why are you crying?" I asked worriedly. The door opened and I seen a red eyed Winston standing in front of me.

"What happened?" I asked bringing him into a hug. "You were right. We've completely lost Monty. He went off on me in Chemistry class. God...he's such a prick" Winston muttered.

"Fuck him, okay?" I told him. "Well... don't...fuck him. Not literally. I'm gonna shut up" I shook my head. Winston let out a laugh.

"Thanks for trying to make me feel better" he smiled at me. "That's what I'm here for" I patted his shoulder.

"Hey do you wanna ditch?" Winston asked hopefully. "Of course I do, can I pee first though?" I asked. Winston laughed and got out from the stall, letting me go in.

Once I finished we walked out of the school and went to Winston's car.

"Mr.Carson's gonna be so confused when I don't come back from the bathroom" I joked. Winston laughed in response.

"Wait let me text the group chat, just so Jess and Clay don't get confused as to where we are" I told him.

Me: Hey guys, me and Winston are ditching. You guys want anything from Monet's?

Winston's phone buzzed from the message I just sent to the group chat. His eyes widened.

"Shit I forgot Monty's still on our chat" Winston groaned. "Whatever. Let him know we're ditching. Who gives a fuck" I shrugged.

"Me. I do. I give a fuck" he sighed. "Why?" I asked confused. "I just...I don't want him to think I'm ditching because I'm sad you know? I don't want him to have the satisfaction thinking he successfully hurt me" Winston mumbled.

"Winston I'm so sorry...I know you um....I know you liked him a lot" I told him. "Didn't we all?" He asked confused. "Yeah but...I mean as more than a friend" I told him as Winston started up the car.

"What...? No I didn't. When did I ever say that?" He questioned. "You didn't have to. I saw the way you looked at him...the way your eyes lit up every time he came to our lunch table....anytime he'd touch your hand....and when I saw you guys on the trampoline the other night I thought 'wow they finally confessed their feelings for each other'. But you guys hadn't" I explained to him.