Chapter 10

(Richie's POV)

I think we were all pretty scared about Henry Bowers being at the front door, but Ben was definitely the most scared. He looked like he was going to shit his pants. He never liked to talk about the time Henry tried to carve his name onto his (Ben's) stomach. We all knew what happened, but Ben just hated talking about it.

    "Bill, I thought that psycho was dead." I told Bill, accidentally raising my voice a bit.

     "Richie, just calm down. We can just.. Call the police or something, right, Bill?" Eddie said while he grabbed the back of my arm.

     "We could, b-but I don't know if they would help or not." Bill replied.

     "Guys, quiet down for a second. Look at the tv." Ben interrupted our conversation. 

     We all turned our attention to the tv, where the news was on. The guy on tv was saying something about how Bowers got sent to a mental hospital because he murdered his dad.

     "If Bowers got sent to the loony bin, then who the actual hell was just at the door?" I asked, as if any of us didn't know the answer.

     "Do you think maybe we could get out of here? Or just hide somewhere in the house? I don't really wanna be here anymore, guys." Stanley said quietly. I could see him start to visibly shake a bit, but I didn't think there was really anything we could do to calm him down.

     Before anyone could respond, that little clown bitch started pounding on the front door, letting us know he wasn't gone. Bill motioned for us to go upstairs and hide in his bedroom, which we did.

     The pounding got louder after Bill shut and locked his bedroom door. We all huddled together in one corner of the room and just waited for it to be over.

-

(?)

     After that day, none of us had ever seen the clown again. We all thought it was weird, but no one said anything about it.

     School was starting up again, and Eddie told Richie that, "he needed to start getting better grades if he wanted to make it through high school", but Richie was never really one to care about his grades. He did care about Eddie, however, and he made sure Eddie knew that. They never told people at school about their kiss (mainly because they had no one to tell about it), but both of them damn sure remembered it. 

     They both knew that whatever happened, whether that be growing apart or growing up, neither of them would ever forget that night.