gone for good

so he screamed. he simply screamed.

⚠️TW// character death⚠️

dazai ran, he ran as fast as he could. he had been running for a while now, he wasn't sure how long, in fact... he didn't even know why he was running, but as his lungs burned and his legs ached he didn't stop. he stumbled over a root, his foot hooked and he fell into a tree, catching himself then pushing off the bark he continued to run, panting and gasping for air. when he noticed the screams, they were loud, louder than before. until they stopped, the only sound left was the ear shattering explosions, and a laugh.

his laugh. more of a cackle really, a cackle that broke dazais heart to hear. he continued to run until he came to the source of destruction.

dazai ran to the short red head. he had eliminated the enemy, now he was just throwing gravity around senselessly, destroying everything in his path. the brunette leapt to chuuya, his arms wrapped around his trembling body. deactivating his ability, and soon, the red glow and maroon marks on his fragile frame faded. all that was left was blood dripping down his body, it flowed from his ears, his nose, his mouth and eyes, a large wound on his torso also spewed crimson liquid.

dazai clung to chuuya, smiling as tears flowed down his face. he had made it. he had made it in time.

chuuya groaned, slightly. "dazai?" he whispered.

"yeah chu, it's me." dazai replied.

"d-dazai i-" before chuuya could finish his sentence he went limp, his body slumped against dazais and his head fell backwards. the taller male caught him, he lifted his hand to support chuuyas head and lowered them to the ground. he leaned against a small piece of debris and layed chuuya in his lap, hugging his waist. the ginger continued to fall in and out of consciousness, he awoke again.

lifting his weak arm he placed a soft palm on dazais face, he leaned into it. chuuya smiled weakly at the younger boy. "you made it." he stated.

"yeah i made it."

"you don't even work with me anymore.." chuuya laughed.

"people were talking about explosions coming from the edge of the city, i knew it was you." dazai smirked.

"i didn't think you would make it." chuuya smiled weakly, dazai should have savored that moment, that smile, he didn't know it would be the last time he saw chuuya smile like that. because at that moment his arm want limp and his head fell back, his smile faded and his eyes relaxed.

"chuuya?" dazai asked. dazai shook chuuya, this wasn't right. sure after corruption nothing was ever right, but this was wrong. "chuuya?!" he shook the redheads limp body. "CHUUYA??" he shouted. he pulled the boys head to his chest. he knew he was gone, he didn't want to admit it, but he knew it was true. so he screamed, he simply screamed.