IM SORRY IM SORRY OK, this is fluff

my deepest apologies for constantly writing angst, i get a lot of requests for fluff. so here it finally is.

(when chuuya puts the cd on, put on the same song and read the ending with it playing, trust me.)

Chuuya tipped his hat as he bowed, "how elegant!" dazai smiled as he clapped his hands like a child. Chuuya just laughed. "i like watching you dance chuuya." dazai cracked smile.

"do you want to dance?" chuuya asked as he plopped himself down next to dazai on the couch.

"no no.."

"why not?"

"i don't know how, and if i'm being honest it seems hard." dazai took another sip of his water. they were hanging out at their shared apartment, drinking water and dancing, alcohol would have been much more fitting for the moment, but dazai had restricted chuuya from drinking after he almost drank himself to death again a few weeks ago. they had agreed he needed to stop using it as an escape, and if chuuya couldn't enjoy it then neither could dazai, he was not about to go and make chuuya watch him enjoy something he couldn't.

"it's really not!! it's fun!" chuuya hopped up and reached out his hand. "so then, care for a dance my love?"

dazai gave chuuya an unsure look. "i don't-"

"dazai." chuuya looked him in the eyes. "it's just me, no mori, no high ups, just me. there is no one here you have to impress."

dazai analyzed the situation, he smiled, got up, and grabbed chuuyas hand. chuuya grabbed a cd, one of his favorites. he set it in the cd player and clicked the lid closed. fade into you, by mazzy star. chuuya had a thing for music, mazzy star owned his heart.

and with that, they danced, chuuya lead dazai who tripped over his own feet, and chuuyas, chuuya could have swore dazai tripped over the air at one point.

they smiled and laughed. chuuya rested his hand on dazais back as they swayed. "there you go!!" chuuya cheered.

"yeah?" dazai asked, surprised.

"yeah!!"

they continued to dance, smiling and laughing, ignoring the outside world, pretending as if they weren't in the mafia, pretending they didn't have to go to work tomorrow and kill. life could stay like this forever, they could get trapped in this moment for all eternity and they wouldn't care.

dazai snapped awake. his eyes darted around the room before landing on the empty bed next to him. right... chuuya was gone... yet another dream. dazai wished to go back, to sleep and go back to that night. but now he couldn't, he lay awake thinking of everything he could have done. maybe he didnt restricted chuuya enough, no, he tried to. maybe if he had been there? he should have been there.

chuuya nakahara, had finally died, alcohol poisoning. 4 months after osamu dazai left the port mafia.