Chapter 4

Katie's POV

I sat in my room on my bed. Amy had moved in yesterday, because according to Jess, she had gotten another room. At least that's what she told us.

I was in deep thought. About the scaring program, my future, Randy, and even Thomas. A knock on my door snapped me out of my thoughts. I got up and opened the door to find Mike standing there.

"Katie, I found a way for us to be in the Scaring Program!" Mike cheered with a happy smile.

I wasn't sure if I believed him, or if Mike was just completely insane, but I agrees. "Oh, okay. Hey, do you know about- Whoa, okay!" I yelped, as he grabbed my wrist, and dragged me down the hallway.
___

I finally understood where he was taking me. All the monster's we're gathered to hear about the Scare Games coming up.

I never thought about joining a fraternity to be in these Scare Games, but looks like I will be now. And because of that, I had to learn all the names of the Greek Council, and the names of all the fraternity kids.

"Welcome to this year's Scare Games kickoff." Claire announced making the crowd cheer.

"The Scare Games! Yeah!" Brock cheered into his microphone.

"Okay, relax," Claire said. "We have a special guest, the founder of the Games, Dean Hardscrabble." She said.

"Good afternoon," Hardscrabble greeted. "As a student, I created these games as a friendly competition, but be prepared. To take home the trophy, you must be the most fearsome monsters on campus. So good luck, and may the best monsters win." She states.

"All right, everyone, we're closing down sign-ups, so we'll see you all-" Brock started.

"Wait!" Mike interrupted. Everyone turned to us. We were standing on a car. "We're signing up!" He announced.

Everyone around us began to laugh. At us. Not with us.

"What?" My brother laughed.

"Uh, you have to be there for today do you compete." Claire explained.

"Behold! The next winning fraternity of the Scare Games! The brothers, our brothers, of Oozma Kappa!" Mike announced.

"Hi." The littlest one said. A balloon popped, and landed on his face just like it did before.

"Mr. Wazowski, Miss. Worthington, what are you doing?" Hardscrabble asked, as she came up to us.

"You just said the winners are the most fearsome monsters on campus. If we win, it means you kicked out the best scares in the whole school." Mike explained.

"That won't happen." Hardscrabble denied, before she started to leave.

"How about a little wager? If we win, you let us back in the Scaring Program." I offered.

"And what would that prove?" Hardscrabble questioned.

"That you were wrong." Mike said.

"About both of us." I added. I could hear monsters around me murmuring, and gasping in shock.

"Very well. If you win, I will let your entire team into the Scare Program," Hardscrabble said and came closer. "But if you lose, you will leave Monster's University. Both of you." She explained.

I was in shock, but determined to win. So if it meant getting kicked out of Monsters University to prove to myself to the monsters that ever wronged me, then I'll take that risk.

"Deal." We agreed.

"Now all you need is to find enough members to compete." Hardscrabble said.

"We need seven monsters, right?" I asked.