Chapter 7: One Down, Three to Go

like one swear in this chapter

After the bodies had been taken to the other room to lay in peace... which I was too sensitive to help with... we all sat down and started to discuss.

"Listen to me, you guys. It's not me or Jackson." Haneen started to say. "I knew he was beside me the whole time. However, I can't confirm any of the rest of you."

"Sure, we'll go with that. I was with Jo. Wasn't me." Jojo said. His face was still a bit red from some inanimate object, better known as the strange TV, calling him an idiot.

"U-u-uh? Guys? I have an idea on wh-who it might be." Dan suddenly spoke up after a while.

"Go ahead, say it. We need to get out of here." Jamila muttered.

Dan took a deep breath.

"It's you, Alex."

"Excuse me? YOU SON OF A BITCH-- IT ISN'T ME!" Alex started to yell back. "I'M TRYING TO SAVE EVERYONE HERE AND YOU BLAME ME?!"

"Plus, Dan, how would you know that it's him?" Lara asked.

"Exactly what she said! How would you know?!" Alex shouted at Dan.

"I w-would know because I have the role of the psychic. I-I read Alex's role last night and it said that he's evil."

"Dan, you've got the wrong person! I AM NOT EVIL!"

"Wait." Jane said. "Dan... You said you were the psychic?"

"Y-yes. I am the psychic." He muttered back.

"Liar." Jane said. "I'M the psychic, and I read Alex's role and it said he was good."

"W-What? No! Alex is evil! I'm the real psychic, you g-guys gotta believe me here!" Dan's voice was starting to get quieter and sound less powerful.

"No. Dan, you're the liar! You must be the Dark Psychic role! You know Alex is good! YOU'RE TRYING TO GET THE GOOD TEAM OUT!"

"N-N-No! I'm the psychic! B-b-b-believe me! P-P-P-Please!" Dan put his hands up to cover his face, worried someone might try and hurt him. "I-I-I'm the real psychic! J-Jane's trying to get the good psychic out! J-JANE'S EVIL!"

"I AM NOT EVIL, DAN! IT'S YOU! ALEX IS GOOD!" Jane yelled back.

"I-I-I-I-- PLEASE! I'M NOT! Y-YOU'RE T-T-TRYING TO G-GET ME OUT!"

"You guys. You guys. Shut up and take this calmly. You're giving me a headache." Austin stood up, separating the two.

"HOW CAN I BE CALM WHEN SOMEBODY'S GOING TO DIE!?" Jane yelled, but Austin put a hand over her mouth.

"Shh." He muttered. "The time's almost up for discussing. Do you guys have anything more to say?"

"I agree with Dan. I think he is the psychic. I think Jane wants him out because she's evil." Jo quietly muttered out.

"I AM NOT-" Jane began to yell, but Austin put a hand over her mouth to silence her.

I decided to speak up.

"I think that Jane is telling the truth. Do you guys notice how nervous Dan got when Jane started to accuse him? He stuttered a lot more than he had been before."

"B-But Ja-Jackson, d-d-d-don't tell me you believe t-t-them!" Dan began to plead.

"I'm sorry, Dan, but you just don't seem so confident in what you say. I think Jane is the good psychic." I said, trying to keep a straight face.

"He has a point, Dan." Austin stated. "You seem pretty nervous about this all, while Jane has no regret on what she says."

"B-B-B-BUT PLEASE! PLEASE! IT-IT'S NOT ME!" Tears began to stream down Dan's face. I felt guilty, but I didn't believe him. "C-c-c-c-can't you at least try to get the murderer first? Please? I'll help... I don't wanna die..."

[Oh, poor Danny. Poor, poor Danny. I'm afraid you have no choice.]

Dan noticed the message on the TV and let out a muffled sob. "C-c-can't we leave me this once?! I'm sorry! I-I am evil! I just... just... I don't wanna die! P-P-Please!"

[Anyways, people! Discussion time is up! C'mon, time to vote!]

I pulled out the voting device and pressed Dan's name. I felt sorry, though. I didn't ever think I'd see him cry like that. It hurt to hear.

[I think we know who goes tonight.]

[...]

[.....]

[Dan received the most votes.]

We waited in silence, in possible shock, to see what would happen to a person we once used to call our friend. Suddenly, a rope with a shackle on the end fell from the roof and fastened around Dan's neck, and a hole in the roof opened-- and he was whisked away from sight. We looked up at the roof, stunned, when suddenly a loud "CRACK" came from where he had been whisked up, and the sobbing abruptly stopped. Somehow, I knew what that was. Dan's neck had been snapped. He was gone. Nobody could speak.

The only thing left of him was a glowing glass ball, about the size of a marble, and a journal that had fallen when he was taken away. I picked the ball up, and almost dropped it when it began to turn dark red in my hands. Jojo started to read Dan's journal.

"Role: Dark Psychic."

"SEE?! I WAS RIGHT!" Jane yelled, but Austin gave her a glare and she went quiet.

"I don't wanna die. This is a dream."

"Alex is Good."

"Second night: I was witched. I don't get it. Why the same team?"

[Congrats, idiots! Dan was evil! You only have 3 more people to find! :)] The TV played over and over, then shut off abruptly.

The feeling was bittersweet.