vol. 1

~crush
by tessa violet~

⚠️tw: swearing, mild verbal abuse, arguing⚠️

third person

the students of class 1-a started to notice something after they moved into the U.A. dorms; something pretty strange regarding two of their classmates- katsuki bakugo and izuku midoriya.

normally the two would be prone to fighting and challenging each other. however, something changed as they transitioned into the dorms.

the changes were small at first. izuku and katsuki could be seen showing each other something on their phones or having small conversations. nothing too odd for the childhood friends, and nobody thought much of it.

soon, the two began to sit with each other during meals and having study sessions in the common rooms. their friend groups had merged and often discussed how the boys had been getting along.

no one was really concerned about their newfound acquaintanceship. if anything, it was a relief to the class.

a few days later, everybody began to notice izuku being touchy with katsuki. he'd lean against him when showing him something, or tap the other's shoulder when trying to get his attention. normally, katsuki would threaten and curse at anyone who touched him, but not the greenette.

within the next week, the boys began to act like a couple: they would hold hands when walking to class, let the other sleep on their shoulder when lounging around or on buses to training areas- katsuki would even let izuku sit on his lap if there was no more seating when all of the students gathered in the common room.

this suddenly affectionate behavior led to where izuku was now.

"are you and bakugo dating?" uraraka suddenly asked, leaning forward in excitement and looking up at her friend. it was early friday morning, and they were the only two in class so far.

izuku had planned to walk to school with katsuki, but was intercepted by the bubbly girl before the two boys even greeted each other.

his face immediately twisted into one of confusion. "what do you mean?"

she poked his arm, silently yelling, "you can tell me! it's obvious!"

"kacchan and i aren't even friends! he hates me!" refuted izuku, dumbfounded by her question.

the brunette was about to respond when other students began flooding in. she sighed, leaning back in her seat. "we'll talk about it more after school."

izuku gave her one last confused look before greeting iida and todoroki, who had just arrived.

the four had a pleasant conversation until the class was flooded with students and the bell had rung.

izuku rushed to his seat, noticing an annoyed-looking blonde already sat in front of him. uraraka's question replayed in his head.

he blushed at the thought and rested his head on the desk, forearms keeping his nose millimeters away from the cold wood.

why would she say such a thing? izuku hadn't noticed katsuki acting any differently towards him, and he definitely wasn't going to do anything that might piss the explosive teen off! if anything, they were acting as they had before katsuki got his quirk. it wasn't unusual to him so he had barely even noticed, but now he was definitely aware of how they'd been acting. still, it wasn't enough to prompt that sort of question, right?