Chapter 4

4

The school bell informed me that the school day had ended. I changed back into my clothes, not caring the girls were giving me dirty looks.

Luke walked away from me before I had the chance to apologize. He gave me one those haunting looks. I was such an ‘ass bud’ the twins had said. I didn’t mean to push him away (It totally took me by surprised).

Those words hit me badly. I wanted him to forgive me but I wasn’t sure if he wanted to see me ever. I should at least explain.

Did I like him? Right there I was determined to find him no matter how bad my injury was. I had no idea why this feeling came to me all of a sudden but instinct said I wanted-no I needed to see him one last time before he ignored me again.

I had time to get home (I ride a bike) and went around the school if they had seen Luke. It was tricky because I don’t ask for favors. I even asked anyone were friends with him (If he made any).

Ten minutes later, I continued my quest though I kind of assumed he left by now. I had no idea why I bothered to try if he left right away but I still was searching.

I started walking to the parking lot when I heard grunting coming around the corner.

I took a peek. No it couldn’t be.

All my hope came crumbling down. It was Luke and some other girl I recognized from somewhere, lip locking. Apparently, the girl was on top of him. Her button shirt was unfastened.

I gasped.

He noticed me and pushed her off, “Aurora it’s not what it looks like.”

It was exactly what it looked like. I took a step back. A single tear escaped my eye.

“Please Aurora…”

I half ran, half limped to my bicycle (Once again I am terrified of driving on the road). My chance to apologize was blown.

My leg had healed a little bit but the pain in my chest was aching more.

This guy is weird, strange, kind and then he kisses some girl. He makes no sense. And he’s making me cry too. I don’t cry for anyone. (Not my break up and certainly not my mom) I wiped my eye.

“Aurora Wait!” He was close behind me.

If I didn’t have the injury, I would have ran faster.

“Let me explain!”

“Leave me alone!” I suddenly tripped on a freaking rock, falling for the second time today. I closed my eyes waiting for the pavement. At least I’ll be knocked out than see his face.

Unfortunately, I was caught without anytime near the cement. He held me firmly against his body.

I opened my eyes and screamed. He placed one of his hands to my mouth. The more I squirmed, the tighter I got.

“Will you calm down? I‘m not going to hurt you.” He tried reasoning me.

I continued to struggle (Part of me felt rejoiced and the other part felt angry). How could he…Why would…Stupid me! So many mixed feeling went into my strength.

A few minutes later my strength was decreasing. I gave in, feeling defeated. After a minute or two of deciding he loosened some of his hold. “Will you promise me not to scream if I remove my hand?” he asked.

I didn’t care if he did or didn’t because I had no idea what to do. I nodded.

He was uncertain but still released me leaving me fall on the floor, shoulders slumped. “Now will you let me explain?”