This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now

"Dr. Yang has sleepovers with my wife... In my bed... With me in it!"

"Would that be weird?" Cristina asks, as she gingerly opens the door to Meredith's bedroom to find her in bed with Derek.

"Oh, he's asleep," Meredith says," as she points to her husband, who is currently snoring (albeit very, very, very lightly).

"Okay..." says Cristina as she nods, and accepts Meredith's idea, and crawls into bed on Meredith's unoccupied side.

They fall asleep together, with Meredith wrapping her arms around Cristina.

Even when Cristina was held by Owen, she never felt this secure.

Meredith was her person, through and through.

"Are you still scared?" Meredith asks her gently in the morning, before Derek wakes up.

"Not with you," Cristina says honestly.

"Great," Meredith smiles, and pulls Cristina close to her chest. "You can stay as long as you like," Meredith offers.

"Thank you," says Cristina, between sniffles.

Derek thinks it's a little bit strange, but he goes along with it. Bailey once said to him that 'those two come as a set,' and he's figured out by now that friendship means the world to his wife, and it makes her happy, even if it does seem to disrupt his sex life.

He doesn't even find it too weird when he wakes up one time in the middle of the night to find Meredith kissing Cristina, soft and slow, just for comfort.

It's how Meredith shows empathy she figures, and Cristina did operate on him at gunpoint, so he should probably still be grateful.

Derek just turns over and carefully wraps his arms around his pillow, and drifts off to sleep to the sound of his wife with his new... Girlfriend?

He never tells Owen either.

He figures Cristina will, or she won't, and it'll just be a fact and not a topic for discussion.

It's not like he wants to participate in these evenings... Occurrences...

Believe it or not even after Addison's comment all of those years ago between him and Meredith at the elevator bay, Derek isn't actually into threesomes, and Cristina isn't his type anyway.

But apparently, she's Meredith's type, because they're kissing with tongue now, and Derek has to fight to pretend that he's never been awake for any of this.

Cristina recovers from her PTSD after she saves a shooter starting in the park.

She's back to work, and she's the cardio star again, and everything's back to normal.

But from time to time, Meredith says that she's sleeping over at Cristina's, and she gives Derek a look that tells him not to ask her any questions.

It's the least he can do for saving him from that bullet, after all.

***** FIN