X. UPDATED WIKIPEDIA'23

{CHAPTER TEN : UPDATED WIKIPEDIA'23}

NOVEMBER 2023

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, KCVO (Henry Charles Albert David; born 15 September 1984) is a member of the British royal family. As the younger son of Charles III and Diana, Princess of Wales, Harry is fifth in the line of succession to the British throne.

Born
Prince Henry of Wales
15 September 1984
St Mary's Hospital, London, England

Spouse
Rihanna ​(m. 2018)

Issue
Prince Archie of Sussex
Princess Elizabeth of Sussex
Prince Philip Stephen of Sussex

Names
Henry Charles Albert David

House
Windsor

Father
Charles, Prince of Wales

Mother
Lady Diana Spencer

Education
Eton College
Royal Military Academy Sandhurst

Military career

Allegiance
United Kingdom

Service/branch
British Army

Years of active service
2005–2015

Service number
564673

Unit
Blues and Royals
662 Squadron
3 Regiment
Army Air Corps

Battles/wars
War in Afghanistan
• Operation Herrick

Awards
Operational Service Medal for Afghanistan

Harry was educated at Wetherby School, Ludgrove School, and Eton College. He spent parts of his gap year in Australia and Lesotho, then underwent officer training at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. He was commissioned as a cornet into the Blues and Royals, serving temporarily with his brother William and completed training as a troop leader. In 2007–2008, he served for over ten weeks in Helmand Province, Afghanistan. He returned to Afghanistan for a 20-week deployment in 2012–2013 with the Army Air Corps. In June 2015, he resigned from the army.

Harry launched the Invictus Games in 2014 and remains the patron of its foundation. He also gives patronage to several other organisations, including the HALO Trust and Walking With The Wounded. To encourage people to open up about their mental health issues, Harry, alongside the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, initiated the mental health awareness campaign "Heads Together" in April 2016.

In 2018, Harry was made Duke of Sussex prior to his wedding to Barbadian singer Rihanna. In October 2020, they launched Archewell Inc., a public organisation that focuses on non-profit activities and creative media ventures. They have four children, Prince Archie, Princess Elizabeth, Prince Philip Stephen, and Prince Nathaniel.

Rihanna, Duchess of Sussex (Robyn Rihanna Fenty; born February 20, 1988) (/riˈænə/ ree-ANN-ə) is an Barbadian member of the British royal family, singer, actress, fashion designer, and businesswoman. Born in Saint Michael and raised in Bridgetown, Barbados, Rihanna was discovered by American record producer Evan Rogers who invited her to the United States to record demo tapes. After signing with Def Jam in 2005, she soon gained recognition with the release of her first two studio albums, Music of the Sun (2005) and A Girl Like Me (2006), both of which were influenced by Caribbean music and peaked within the top ten of the US Billboard 200 chart.