Chapter 30

Iris

Talking to the pack for what feels like hours, I looked around to see Royce wasn't there. It was kind of his idea to have a campfire and then he got up and left.

I excused myself from the campfire, not that anybody noticed. They were all talking to each other. 

My little family was in the back of the group laughing it up. It warmed my heart seeing all the joy coming from these wolves.

In the far back away from the group was Trent and Nora, all cuddled up. I didn't like what I heard but she looked happy.

I went off searching for Royce when I picked up a scent. It led me to his clothes behind a tree.

He had shifted and he could be anywhere. As far as wolves can run, he could be deep into the forest.

Picking up his shirt, I inhaled his scent. I undressed and sat my clothes next to his and shifted following any scent of his I could find. 

I didn't just pick up his scent I picked up other wolves' scent too. ROGUES. They didn't really have a scent because they weren't in any packs.

But if they have been rogues for a long time, they would develop an unknown scent. It would be easy to figure out they weren't part of a pack.

I ran towards the smell and saw three rogues circulating around Royce. Rogues were dangerous, even for a Beta.

They didn't care who you were, not even if you were an Alpha. For wolves to be called rogues, they sure did like to travel together.

Only person I could get through to was Jude. I couldn't mind link so I spoke to him telepathically "Rogues are near the deep end of the forest and Royce is surrounded, don't tell anyone where you're going, if they ask just make up a lie but get over here now", I said.

Now that I have back up I can jump in and save the day. Well save Royce. I jumped from behind the bushes and launched at one of the rogues knocking them over on their backs.

He got back up and joined back with the other two rogues circling around us. The three wolves came to a stop and were in front of us. 

I shielded Royce wolf with mines and let Scarlett have control. She stepped forward and gave a warning growl. The wolves backed up but came back again.

Then all three wolves launched at her. Before they could get her, she jumped into the air causing the rogues to crash into each other. Royce ran over next to her but Scarlett kept shielding him away.

I'm certainly not losing my Beta to these rogues. She launched at the three wolves and smacked one of them with her paw.

Head bumping the other wolf, the other one came behind her and bit her tail. Royce tried to come help ,but she growled ordering him to stand down. He obeyed.

 Kicking the wolf that was holding onto her tail there was another one biting her on her side.

Scarlett wasn't paying attention but the other rogue came and started biting on her.

She clawed one of them in the face and made them move back. Scarlett fought to get up and she rolled on her side.

One of the rogues tried to jump on her but she shifted and vamped behind them jumping on their backs with my arms around its neck.

The rouge kept turning his head and trying to shake me off but I held my grip.

Watching the rogue on the left side about to run into the one I was on, Royce crashed right into the wolf. 

This wolf just didn't want to give up. The wolf kept moving so much he fell right on his back. I wrapped my leg around the wolf body and squeezed my arms around his neck and snapped it.

There was one rogue left, but he was about to run until Jude came and jumped right on it.

Watching them wrestle around I forgot I was naked. I felt eyes on me and when I turned to Royce he looked away.

Haha sneaky wolf. Jude finally killed the wolf and walked over to me and smacked me with his tail.

What the hell was that for. I shifted back and nodded Jude to go ahead back to the campfire. I needed to have a talk with Royce.

Royce

When I shifted into my wolf I started running everywhere. I didn't want to be around the pack and certainly didn't want them to see me weak running deeper into the forest.

I ran straight into three rogues. How did I not smell them? How did I not hear them? I was too busy feeling down. I totally was caught off guard. 

That never happened before. I stood there and held my ground growling at the rogues. They didn't back off. Instead they circled around me.

One of the rogues tried to bite me from behind me but I turned around and clawed them in the face. The rogue stepped back whimpering and continued to circle me.

Was they waiting for something or someone? I smelled Iris scent near and she jumped up knocking one of the rogues down.

She stood up guarding me with her wolf but I wasn't going to sit back and watch her protect me.

She let out a warning growl but the rogues weren't backing down. They launched right at Iris but missed.

 She jumped into the air and they crashed into each other. She launched at the three wolves and I was about to help but she told me to stand down. I had no choice but to obey my Alpha, even though I really didn't want to.

Watching her fight the three wolves, they jumped her. When she was down on the ground I wanted to help but I couldn't.

She shook the rogues and shifted onto the rogues back wrapping her arms around it. The rogue tried really really hard to shake her but her grip was not going to loosen up.

Watching the wolf on the side of her about to bull doze the other wolf to push her off I crashed the wolf into a tree knocking him out. 

I had to disobey my Alpha. One of my jobs is to protect her and I couldn't do my job if I kept obeying her command.

Looking over watching the rogue go crazy with her on his back, he fell right on his back giving her an advantage to lock him in and she took it and snapped his neck.

Looking over, there was another rogue about to run off but Jude got to it first. That wolf stood no chance. It tried running more than fighting and Jude simply killed it.

If the rogue wanted to get away so bad, they should have bowed down, but instead it tried escaping. Looking over to my Alpha, she was still in human form naked.

 Her body was just as beautiful as her face. It was disrespectful to stare at my naked Alpha but hey, I'm a male, what she expects.

Feeling her about to turn around I quickly turned my head before she caught me staring.

She told Jude go back to the campfire and he obeyed, running off, leaving me and her. Sadly she shifted back and we walked to the tree our clothes were by.