Chapter 1: The Attack

Aaliyah walked quickly over to her best friend, Sienna. "Sienna! Chiron needs you," Aaliyah said as soon as she reached her friend.

"What does he need?" Sienna said, sounding annoyed. She had been in the middle of training.

"I'm not sure, but you better hurry. He will get really annoyed with you if you don't," she said pointedly.

"Ugh. It better be something important. I'm trying to train," she said, putting her sword into a strap across her chest. Sienna ran off quickly to meet Chiron at the Big House.

Aaliyah walked to the sword fighting arena to meet Percy Jackson. They were twins, but they looked nothing alike. Percy had dark, brown hair and was tan. Aaliyah however had red hair and was very pale. The only thing they had in common was their sea green eyes. "Hey, Percy!" Aaliyah said as she reached the arena.

"Hey, Aaliyah!" Percy said, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Loosen up on the hug, Perce," Aaliyah managed to say. His hugs were always deathly tight. Literally.

"Sorry," he said sheepishly as he let go.

"That's okay. We should start training," Aaliyah said as she pulled out her sword, Wave.

Percy pulled out his sword, Riptide, and they faced each other in a fighting stance. Aaliyah lunged forward and Percy deflected it easily. Aaliyah backed away and went into a defensive stance. Percy lunged forward at the same time as Aaliyah and their swords clashed in mid-air. Aaliyah pushed hard on the sword, knocking it out of Percy's hand. She then pressed the sword to his neck and grinned. "I win," she said proudly, taking the sword away from his neck.

Suddenly there was a huge explosion. It sent Percy and Aaliyah flying back. Percy crashed through the wall, but Aaliyah hit a stack of mats. Aaliyah was dazed, but she stood up and ran to Percy. "Percy! Percy!" She yelled, shaking him in an attempt to wake him. When that didn't work, she checked his pulse. It was faint, but it was there.

Aaliyah picked him up and carried him to the infirmary where she found almost all the campers. Chiron had already brought them all there. She placed Percy on one of the empty beds gently. Then she looked for Sienna. She spotted her at the end of the row of beds. She raced over to her and checked her pulse. Nothing. She was dead.