Chapter 17: Mission

"I can't believe we left Xavier in the woods by himself! What the Hades are we going to do now?! He could be halfway to China by now!" I yelled angrily,"I can't believe how stupid we are!"

"Calm down, Aaliyah. He's probably still unconscious," Sage said in a calm voice.

"You didn't hit him hard enough for him to be unconscious that long," I said, pausing. "No offense," I added.

"None taken," Sage said, glaring at me.

"Sorry to interrupt this, but didn't you say you had to go to Camp Jupiter to prevent a dark evil from rising?" Mikey asked, looking at me pointedly.

"Mikey's right. I need to get to Camp Jupiter ASAP. It's in California so it shouldn't take too long to drive there," I said, realizing how much time I'd wasted with pointless things. By this time, everyone could've been dead.

"I know what you're thinking, Aaliyah. You faced many difficulties on the way that couldn't have been prevented," Sage said, looking at me knowingly.

I sighed, realizing how right she was. "You're right. There's no point dwelling on past things. Let's just get to the car and go," I said, walking toward the door. I pushed it open, walking out and getting in the driver's seat.

"Mikey, do you want to come with?" Sage asked, looking at him hopefully.

"Why not? I've got nothing better to do," Mikey said, winking at me. "Oh, and also, shotgun!" He added.

"Oh, come on. Cheater," Sage mumbled under her breath. I laughed.

"What's so funny?" He asked, looking at me questioningly.

"Nothing," I said, turning away from him and facing the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: I know this chapter is super short, but I'm having a severe case of writer's block. I also got really off track in the plot of the story. I'm going to try to do a better job of sticking to the plot. Sorry again about the short chapter, but please be patient. I'll try and write a new chapter soon. 😐