Chapter 8

"Ma'am I hope all are sorted!"

"Haan ji Mr. Agarwal! Thank you very much!"

"Ok Ma'am bye.. good day to you.."

"Umm Mr. Agarwal..I actually need Sidharth's number.."

For a minute, he gets stumped thinking how a friend doesn't have his number!

"Yes Ma'am sure.."..he scrolls down to send her the number..."here u go.."

She saves it accordingly..

***********

Sidharth is working late on his laptop, when Mom steps inside the room..

"Sidharth..?"

"Haan Mom..?"

"Beta aaj hi toh lauta hai and aaj hi you are all indulged in work! Thoda sa rest karle bachha!"

"I am fine Mom! I just couldn't work at all! Woh Sana kaam hi nehi karne de rahi thi!"

"Sana..woh counselor?!"

"Haan..!"..he has a little smile on his face..

"Oh! Achha sun Sidharth..?"

"Haan..?"

"Idhar dekh..!"

He turns his face to his Mom.

"Kya..?!"

"Mera beta achha dikh raha hai! Touchwood!"..she smiles and kisses on his forehead..

"Thank you Mom! Aap bohot zyada sochti ho! Now I know why do I overthink!"

"Baas! Mera yeh witty bachha hi mujhe pasand hai!"..she adornes him with a warm hug..

"Mom I am fine! Jake so jaiye..! It's late!"

"Kaise..?! Tune abhi tak khana nehi khaya!"

"Le lunga mein! Aap jake so jao!"

"Beta.. woh Naina..!"..he stops her right there..

"Mom! Please! Is bare mein no discussion!"...he gives her a stern look..

"Ok! Relax! Kha lena!"

"Haan Goodnight!... he kisses her hand..

***************

It's almost 2 am, though he feels no urge of having anything still he doesn't want to stress his Mom any further. So he walks into the kitchen to look for something light in the freeze when his phone beeps to a call..

"Haan hello..?!".. he receive it..

"Nehi kiya na tune phone!?"..it's Naina, daughter of Dr. Muskan, his Mom's friend..

"Sorry I was busy yaar.."

"Tell me something new Sid! Aur kitna avoid karega yaar?!"

"Naina!! Why the hell do you torture yourself?!"

"You know the answer!"

"Yaar! Tu samajhti kyun nehi hai?! I can't do this!"..he gets irritated..

"Thik hain lekin ek baat bata, are you going to stay like this for life?!"..she sounds too broken..

"Stay like what?!"

"Unmarried?! Alone?! Maine kiya kya hai yaar?! I was even ready to accept Anaya after Tisha! Where did I go wrong?!"

"You are not wrong sweetheart! It's just that I am not ready for marriage! Please baat ko samajh! I adore my friendship with you!"

"Tujhe pata hai like after ages you are talking to me for more than 5 minutes! When I called you an hour back, you were sounding different! I felt like jaan mein jaan agayi!! But I guess I was wrong!"

After a while of silence..

"Everytime you do this! You make me feel horrible! It feels like I am torturing you!"

"Once and for all Sid! I have been in love with you since childhood! You kept rejecting me! Tujhe sabak sikhaneke liye I got married to a bastard! Had a terrible married life kyunki I could never move on! I just couldn't get you out of my heart! So that divorce happened! Now tell me does my true love worth anything to you?!"

"Naina, I respect your feeling! But I cant act on it! I can't fake love! It's better that you move on with your life! I am a lost man and I don't think I can keep anybody happy!"

"Tujhe pata hai Mom promised me that she will help you get better! And I am so happy that she kept her promise! Chal you sleep.. bye..!"

"I am so sorry! I don't want to hurt you! So ja! I will see you soon!".

He cuts the call and gets to see three messages from an unknown number..

2:03 am- "Hi! Thank you Mr. Khadoos! 😊"
2:06 am- "So gaye aap 😞?!"
2:10 am- "Chalo bye.. goodnight!"

He doesn't reply and after a while it pings again..
"Hayee seen karke reply nehi karte! 🤒 I thought we are friends now! 😞"

He types..
"Who's this?!"

She types..
"Bhul bhi gaye?! Wow! Chalo so Jao! Thank you for sending Mr. Agarwal!"

A smile takes over his face and he types..
"Psychology na padhke tumhe theatre karna chahiye tha! Full nautanki!"

She types..
"Oyeee..shutup! Suno main kal aapko call karungi!"

He types..
"Kyun?!"

She types..
"What kyun?! Mujhe baat karni hai isliye! Important hai!"

He types..
"I am fine now! Trust me!"

She types..
"Woh mujhe pata hai..! Kab free ho time batao!"

He types..
"Lunch hour mein..! I will be in the office!"

She types..
"Cool..I will call u then..bye! 🚶‍♀️"

He types..
"Goodnight Ms. Psychology!  And thank you! 😊"

She types..
"Hayeee Rabba! Thank you toh mujhe kehna chahiye! Achha chalo goodnight! Kal boldungi! 😌"

He surely acknowledges that she has a surreal ability to bring life back to soul! 🤗

************

Next day in office at lunch hour, she calls..

"Hello..?"

"Hi! Sana here..!"

"Hey! Kya haal hai?"

"Busy ho?"

"Haan a little bit kyunki nehi tha na..so a lot of pending work!"

"Oh okay! Umm.. Sidharth?"

"Haan bolo na..?"

"Aap mere ghar dinner pe aaoge?! Mujhe aapko thanks bolna hain!"

"Aww..that's so sweet of you! You don't have to thank me! Dost hoon!Utna help toh banta hai! Lekin I don't think I can manage at dinner!"

"Ohh..! Okay chalo koi na! I will call again to check on you..sleep properly and don't stress yourself!"...her voice has gone down too low and Sidharth could feel it evidently..

her voice has gone down too low and Sidharth could feel it evidently

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Stay tuned... ❤️
Do comment to share your views yaar! 😞

Soul Resonanceजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें