Tale From The SMP: 1521, The Witch, pt.3

Karl and the mayor walk towards Minea.

-I am so sorry, I'm so clumsy today. She laughs a little, hello Karl, I'm Minea, it's a pleasure to meet you.

Karl frowns.

-How do you know my name miss Minea?

-Oh, I was in town my dear when... you know... I feel so terrible for Nikita, accused. I can't imagine... She takes a moment and shakes her head, feeling bad for Nikita. What brought you in town? I mean, no one ever comes in town.

She seems skeptical about the new arrived.

-I don't really know. You see, I forgot a lot I think. Apart from my name and a few things, I don't remember who I am supposed to be...

Karl looks down and frowns, like if he'd see the answer in the oak plank on the floor.

-Minea, would you mind preparing some bread for Karl, he's starving. Asks the mayor as Karl shakes his head up and down swiftly.

-Oh, yes, no problem. I don't guarantee you that my bread will be as good as Nikita's but... with the events, she didn't have time to... bake.

-Don't be modest dear Minea, we all know that you make the best bread in town! Don't tell Nikita I said that though... Speaking of she, do you know if she's in the back?

-Yes, by the river, as usual.

-Karl take a seat, I'll be right back.

Calibur exists the room and Karl takes a seat.

-You know, the mayor... I don't think he saved Nikita from the fire because he believed she wasn't a witch... You see, it's a secret but everyone knows that the mayor and the orphan... you know... See for yourself... She points outside.

Karl stands up and walks towards the door, he sees the mayor holding the girl tight. He then goes back to his seat, in silence.

-I don't know why they're being so secretive, nothing's wrong with them together, but I guess they like this little secretive game.

-So you think she's a witch? Karl asks as she frowns. If the mayor saved her by love, do you believe she's a witch?

-I trust her, she's one of my greatest friend, she's lonely, but loveable. But, anything can be possible at this point, look, we have a stranger in town! That seemed impossible just yesterday!

Minea brings the freshly baked bread to Karl.

-There you go boy, hope you like it I spent all afternoon baking it! She smiles.

Karl doesn't hesitate a second and take a big bite of the bread.

-It's delicious, thank you. He says, his mouth still full.

Suddenly, the door open. Karl sees Minea's face brighten. He turns around as she runs towards the person that just got in.

-Dallion! You weren't supposed to be back for at least another week! You already found all the things I needed?!

Karl sees a tall man with bright green eyes holding Minea.

-I know, I know, I ran. And I couldn't have done it without you poti–

Dallion spots Karl. He then turns his eyes to look at Minea, confused. He then walk towards the stranger.

-Hello, I'm Dallion, Minea's boyfriend.

-Hi, I'm Karl! Nice to meet you sir.

As Karl finish his bread, Calibur walks in.

-Oh, Dallion, already back? It's nice to see you my friend. They hug each other.

Karl frowns, he doesn't understand why but seeing these two person close make him feel like it isn't right. Like if he unlocked a memory without knowing what it is...