𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑 - 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

1487 words

┌─────────────────┐

┌─────────────────┐

-ˋˏ " I guarantee it won't last long, " ˎˊ-

└─────────────────┘

•| ⊱✿⊰ |•

𝒀/𝒏

"Ray did WHAT!?"

"Calm down Emma, he slept on the couch. He babysat Alex for me and ended up being here late, so I offered him to sleep here." Me being tired, assured my overly-excited ginger friend over the phone.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH! WHAT DID I MISS? WERE THE TWO OF YOU NOT JUST FIGHTING LAST WEEK?"

"Yes, and we still do fight. But we're friends now, I guess? I don't know. Sorry I haven't talked with you lately, I've been busy, I've got a new job." I said as I opened up my bedroom window, inhaling the fresh smell of summer.

"Congratulations that's awesome! But I CANNOT forgive you for going a week without telling me that a BOY- No, not just A boy, but RAY! RAY slept over your house."

"Emma, it's not a big deal, honestly."

"Ughhh, but it totally is!" She groaned.

"It's not. If you think I have a crush on him or something, I don't. And you're one to talk about not telling each other things..."

Emma went quiet for a moment. "What do you mean?" I could practically hear the panic through the phone.

"I mean you not telling me about your little crush." I picked the peelings off of a clementine, slipping pieces of the fruit into my mouth.

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Emma cut the bullshit. You like Norman, don't you?" I swept up the peelings with my hand, forming a pile.

"Would it be wrong if I did?" She gulped.

"No, of course not. You'd make a cute couple if you ask me. Also... I think he likes you too." I carried the peelings and dropped them in the tiny garbage can sitting beside my small desk.

She gasped. "He does not!"

"Oh, he definitely does."

"Gahhh! You're making me blush just thinking about him."

"Oh, you've got it bad." Laughter escaped my lips.

"Urghh, I know, I know. And look, I know you don't like him, but... wouldn't it be awesome if you and Ray were dating, and Norman and I were dating? We could have double-dates!"

"That would be pretty fun I guess, but that'll never happen."

Emma sighed. "Yeah, I know... Let's never bring up this phone call again, mkay?