story 1. part 5

cw
being drunk
yelling

the day of the election came.
Tommy was nervous because one of their endorsements went rogue and made his own party.
but he wouldn't win right?
Tommy went up to wilbur: "hey will..."
"hey Tommy! is something wrong?"
"yeah... I'm really nervous about that schlatt guy.."
"hey Tommy, look at me. whatever happens, I'll be here by your side."
"thanks will.."
"now, let's get to business. I know that there is a chance that schlatt will win and I know that he will abuse the power so I think we should ask big q if he wants to make an alliance."
"that could work!" Tommy said excitedly.
they walked to where quackity was.
"gentleman! what a fine evening it is!"
"quackity, we have a serious question"
"shoot"
"so you know how schlatt is right?"
"uh yeah Ive been hanging out with him, why?"
"he's going to abuse the power if he wins."
"yeah... probably.."
"will you give us your vote- I'm mean, will you work with us on "swog 2020"
"hm I have to think about it."
"we can run this together and we can kick schlatt out!"
"..."
"c'mon!"
Tommy jumped in: "c'mon big q it's better for everyone! me and wilbur would be really thankful"
"how much power do I get if I do this?"
"how about 10%?"
"WHAT?! 10?! OH HELL NO"
"big q please"
"I was enticed by your swog idea but then you immediately admitted that I would have much less power than you! so it's schlatt 2020 all the way baby!"
and with that quackity left.
"that went well" Tommy joked so the mood would lighten up
"no Tommy, this is really bad news.."
"c'mon wil! we'll win! I just know it."
"I don't know tommy.."
wilbur said shaking his head while he walked away.

an hour later it was time for some speeches and then the results.
wilbur and tommy were up first.

"hello everyone! this is wilbur soot, the president, speaking.
today will mark the day that l'manburg has it's first ever election, I'd like to thank everyone for coming and voting.
while our competition has been campaigning very hard as well I think we got this one in the bag.
in the land of Justice and Peace, democratically elected presidents will thrive.
I've built these walls with my own two hands to escape the tyranny of the ruler of dream smp.
dream and his buddies have tried to make us stop by killing and threatening our Men but through that all we've held our heads up.
we have and never will stop fighting for freedom.
and even if we lose this election these walls will stay up, this world I built will never come down.
thank you.
oh yeah, tommy's here as well I guess."

Tommy thought the speech was beautiful but something was wrong, why was Wilbur being so mean to him?

"um- hi! so as you know, my name is Tommyinnit and I'm wilburs running mate in this election.
I will try- I'm going to make this land even better if we win.
in this nation we've seen it all, tnt, crossbows, swords, love, hate and most importantly: freedom.
and we'll keep fighting for that freedom forever."

Tommy was quite proud of his speech. to be fair, it was beautiful.
a chil went down his spine when he said crossbows.
those things are so scary.

it's was quackity's turn to give a speech.

"uhhhh- yeah, um I only entered this race as a joke but I'm here now and I'm going to win, at any cost.
uh so my name is Quackity but everyone just calls me big Q.
if I win this election I will put the tyrants of this land out of service because they literally instilled themselves as presidents after 'just taking some land'

wilbur was quick to jump in: "presidents? you mean president because tommy is in no way shape or form a president" he said with a laugh.

"oh iM sO sOrRy, I mean president.
anyways-
bro, you can't just make a nation and then instill yourself as the president without having an election?! that's no fun.
and they say they stand for freedom, they don't.
they just want power, well at least, Wilbur wants power, I don't know about Tommy.
so just  yknow, vote for me that would be awesome, swag 2020 baby!!!"

'wilbur just wants power..?' "no, that can't be right.."
Tommy thought with a slight panic.

his thinking was cut off by wilbur, "and schlatt, are you giving a speech?"
schlatt was drunk as fuck, he couldn't give a good speech even if he tried right now
"I'll give a speech!" he said slurring his words.

"hi you fucking weirdo's, I'm jschla- my name is jschlatt and I'm not a a tyrant so vote for me."

everyone was silent for a while
"thats it?" wilbur asked with a chuckle
"yes" was the last thing schlatt said before he passed out.
"schlatt?!" big Q yelled out.
"he'll be fineeeee" wilbur said with confidence because he also wasn't sober right now
"so now we wait!" wilbur said

after about 48 hours the voting finally closed.
when everyone was where they were supposed to be, wilbur began:
"hello every and all, I am the president, wilbur soot, and I will be reading out the election results you've all been waiting for!"

Tommy was very, veryyy nervous.

"soooooo in total there were about 220.000 votes.
and without further ado, the election results:

in 3rd place, with 16% of the vote, Schlatt 2020.

and in 2nd place, with 30% of the vote...."

Tommy's heard was racing at this point, he was so scared.

"...with 30% of the vote, Swag 2020."

"WE WON!" Tommy yelped out of excitement.

"we did win but wait-"

"WE FUCKING WON-"

"TOMMY, SHUT UP. I WASNT DONE."

"...with 45% of the popular vote, Pog 2020."

Tommy was about to start screaming again but wilbur cut him off

"...but 2 days ago, on the night of the election, quackity made a deal.
they would make a coalition government...
with Swag 2020 and Schlatt 2020 the total percentage of votes comes out to 46%, beating Pog 2020's 45% by 1%."

"no- no no no no no no no NO THIS CANT BE FUCKING HAPPING?!" Tommy's mind was going absolutely batshit.

(quick side note, I know the the percentages don't amount to 100% that's because I left coconut 2020 out because I think that doesn't really fit into this story)