PART 1/2: Flashback X and X Pain

You were crying as the bug-like creature flew through the air with you in its grip. You were rubbing your eyes with one hand, and gripping the stuffed F/A your father gave you in the other. You look around only to see the bug that had your father's corpse in its claws. As you start to cry louder, you think back to when it all went wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/N Kouhai!"

"Daddy!"

You jumped up from where you had been playing and ran over to your father. He had been away for a while and had entrusted you in the care of his friend Haruna. You were the same age as her son when he had disappeared and your father allowed her to take care of you often. You tackled him to the ground. Although you were only eight, you could pack a punch. (Because of Nen.) You giggled as he propped himself up on one elbow. He tussled your H/L H/C hair and gave you a smile.

"I made you something!"

"Oooh! What is it?!"

"But first you need to get off of me."

You rolled off your father and eagerly watched as he got up and brushed himself off. He then reached into his bag and took out a stuffed F/A. You gasped and grapped it from him.

"Thankyouthankyouthankyooouuu! I love you, daddy!"

"Y/N."

The sudden tone in your father's voice frightened you.

"Don't... move... an inch..."

Your father slowly reached into his bag and brought out a switchblade. He then directed it at you. No... Not at you... ...behind you. You slowly turned around, only to find yourself face to face with a giant dragonfly-like bug. In a moment, it had grabbed you. You screamed.

"SET HER DOWN YOU DISGUSTING INSECT!"

Your father ran at the being holding you, only to have a much more humanoid bug step in front of him. It had pale green skin, coal-black hair, and white feathery wings. Your father stabbed at it and almost missed. He did however graze its cheek. You noticed its blood was dark blue rather than red. It growled. Your father, if he noticed, did not falter. You were all he had left, and he wasn't about to let you to get kidnapped. He took a stab, this time aiming for its stomach. He gave the bug a deep cut, not enough to kill or damage his organs, but enough to hurt like heck. At that moment, you watched as the thing lifted your father by his neck. You helplessly struggled your captor's grip.

"Y/N."

Your head snapped to look at your father. He had a trail of blood trickling from his mouth. There was sadness in his eyes.

"Don't give up kiddo. Never stop trying. Promise me that no matter what happens, you'll never give up."

You were in tears by now.

"I-I promise."

"Good. I love you with all my heart Y/N. I'll see you on the other side."

"DADDY!"

You screamed hysterically for him as you watched his hands, which had been scratching at the claw on his neck fall to his sides limply. Your father was gone. And you could do nothing about it