004 ― The First Date

1944 Eastern Europe

AS BUCKY AND STEVE SAT AT THE STORK CLUB, Steve had just recruited the men who he just rescued from HYDRA to go back to their facility, they noticed the men had fallen quiet from their singing, and that was because Holland Stark had just entered the club, alongside Peggy Carter. The boys stood up as they entered the room.

"Captain... Sergeant." Holland formally greeted them.

"I think the two of us can drop the formalities, Holly," Bucky said to her, which made Holland start to blush, but she only kept it formal because Peggy was right behind her. And Peggy's eyes immediately fell to Steve when she walked in.

"Captain..." She said.

"Agent Carter... Agent Stark." Steve greeted them.

"You saved my life; you can always call me Holland or Holly." She said. Steve nodded his head and smiled at her, and Peggy cleared her throat, which made Holland roll her eyes. She definitely wasn't flirting with him.

"Howard has some equipment for you to try," Peggy said, and Steve nodded his head.

"Sounds good. I see your top squad is prepping for duty." Peggy said.

"You don't like music?" Steve asked.

"I do, actually. I might even, when this is all over, go dancing." Peggy responded. Bucky leaned down to Holland's ear.

"How about we leave these two?" Bucky asked, and Holland nodded her head as they went to a secluded place on their own. The first thing Bucky did was lean in and gave her another kiss. Even though this was their second kiss, she felt the same way she did when they kissed for the first time. "It feels amazing to be able to do that..." He said to her, which made her smile.

"And you can do it whenever you want." She said as she leaned in and kissed him again. Bucky laid his hand down on the back of her hair as their lips moved together in perfect harmony. It felt like their souls were intertwining with every kiss, and Holland found herself loving him more. "So you're going to be going with Steve back into HYDRA?" She asked.

"Yeah... I have to, he saved us, and I'd follow that man into battle anywhere." Bucky said, and Holland nodded her head.

"As long as you make it back every time." She whispered.

"I finally got you, Holland; you think I'll ever let you go now?" Bucky asked, and she smiled at him while nodding her head. "There are two reasons I wanted you here tonight," Bucky said, and she smiled as she raised an eyebrow.

"What would they be?" She asked.

"I wanted to ask you if you would officially go steady with me?" He asked. Holland nodded her head as she leaned in and brought their lips together again. Bucky loved kissing her, but he needed to get out the second thing. He ended the kiss sooner than he wanted to.

"Of course, I will," Holland said as her cheeks started to flush. "And the second thing?" She asked.

"You told me not to say it until we were saved... and now that we're saved. You need to know that I love you, and I have loved you for months. You were my one saving grace in that cell through experimentation. You know me better than I know myself, and I know you like the back of my hand, and I love you, Holland Aurelia Stark." Bucky said, which made her eyes glisten with tears.

"I love you, James Buchanan Barnes, so much."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

A few weeks later, Bucky came to find his girlfriend, and after asking Howard where he thought she might be, he found her hunched over a bunch of files. Bucky, Steve, and the rest of their team had been wiping out HYDRA bases for the last few weeks, and every time, Holland has been studying over the files, trying to learn as much as she can about the Tesseract. There are some days when she feels terrific and other days when she feels terrible.