Ch. 32

Back to Present Time..

Key's POV

I stayed up waiting in the waiting room the whole night. My mind was racing with so many thoughts it was impossible fa me to even attempt to get some sleep. I had texted Jaliyah letting ha know what happened, and she came once Erica nem left. Ashley, Kennedy, Ari, and Mia made it here an hour ago. All we were waiting on now, is to get permission to see ha.

" My momma said she'll watch Tremani for as long as we need her to." Ari said to Trey.

" Erica nem on they way back up hea. She said do y'all want some coffee or some to eat?" Ashley asked us.

I shook my head no, " Nah, we straight."

" Nigga, speak fa yo self. Tell ha I want 2 sausage biscuits, 3 hash browns, and some orange juice. And oh, some extra grape jelly." Fat said.

" Ight." Ashley said as she continued taking on the phone with Erica.

" Nigga how can you have an appetite during a time like this?" Pjay asked looking upside his head.

" Bruh, I stress eat. I eat whenever I'm nervous or stressed. I can't help it." Fat said.

" Have you checked on AK?" Kennedy asked me snapping me outta my thoughts.

" Yeah, my momma said he straight. He up playing and acting like his normal self. Our son don't even know what's going on right now, shit crazy." I scoffed shaking my head looking down in disbelief.

" Aye, Cali gone be ok. She's one of the strongest people we know, so don't even trip." Kennedy said trying to be optimistic about the whole situation.

" This shit don't even feel real. We was literally just at Meika house. I asked ha did she want me to ride with ha, but she said she was good. I had a bad feeling in my stomach once she left, but I didn't think nothing of it." Jaliyah cried.

Dolph put his arms around ha, and rubbed her shoulders.

A few minutes later a nurse walked up to us, " Ms. Cartier is allowed to have visitors now, but only one person at a time."

" Ok, thank you." Ashley said.

" Who going first or y'all wanna wait until Omari nem get here?" Woo asked.

" Shiddd, there they go right there." Pjay said pointing at Erica, Omari, and Toya walking in our direction.

" Mawning. Are we allowed to go see ha yet?" Erica asked sounding restless.

" Yeah, but only one at a time." Kennedy said.

" We figured we'd let y'all go first." Woo said.

" What room is she in?" Omari asked.

" Um, room 426 on the 8th floor." Ashley said.

Everybody took turns going in, and as each person came out they were either in tears or looked like they were ready to kill whoever had anything to do with this. I decided to be the one who went last.

" Nah ma! This shit fucked up! My cuzzin not supposed to be in no hospital bed like dat son! Did you see how she look? This shit not suppose to be like this! I can't see ha like dat." Trey cried angrily as his momma and Ari walked him back into the waiting area.

" Cali's going to be fine. We gone get through this. I'm here fa you, I gotchu. Come on baby. We gotta be strong fa ha." Ari cried as she rubbed his back.

" I know baby, I know..... Markeyvius, you can go now baby." Toya said as they walked passed me.

I slowly took my time walking to Cali's room to try to prepare myself, but as soon as I walked in and seen her. Nothing would've prepared me for it. Both of Cali's eyes were black, her face was swollen, she had cuts and bruises all over her body. She had a neck brace on, a cast on her arm, gauzes wrapped around her head, stomach, and hands. She had a tube in her mouth, and was hooked up to all these machines. She didn't look like herself at all. I sat in the chair that was next to ha bed as I grabbed ha hand. I gently rubbed it. I put my head down as tears started to roll down my face.