I Love You

Their lips touched, gently and hesitantly. But soon, the kiss grew more eager. The spell was broken.
This didn't come as a big surprise to either of them. They'd both known that it would happen sooner or later, they just hadn't expected that today would be the day.
Months, years, of built up romantic and sexual tension, released in a single kiss.

Phoenix sighed against Miles' lips, his hands firmly grasping the other man's arms. He shuddered when Miles suddenly dipped his head down and started to trace sloppy kisses along his jawline.
"Miles..." Phoenix croaked.

Miles immediately stopped what he was doing.
"Sorry. Too far?" He was panting slightly.

But Phoenix shook his head. He tried to swallow but his mouth felt like sandpaper.
"No, just- Miles, let me-"
He cupped Miles' face in his hands, turning it to face him.
"Just let me... look at you."

The view in front of Phoenix was breathtaking. Big dark eyes, reddened lips, disheveled hair. He just wanted to savor this moment. The moment he'd been waiting for ever since this wonderful man had walked back into his life.
It had taken them a while to become friends again, but his feelings for Miles had always been there.

He was overcome with a wave of affection that made him want to burst and filled his eyes with tears.

"Phoenix?" Miles sounded concerned.
"Are you-"

He was interrupted by Phoenix pulling him in and kissing him deeply, holding on to him for dear life.

Miles closed his eyes, humming into the kiss. His uncertainty had been swept away and he grew more confident.
Without breaking the kiss, he started to unbutton Phoenix's shirt, eagerly pushing it off his shoulders.

He dipped his head again, this time going for a collarbone. Phoenix was tugging on his shirt impatiently, so he let him pull it over his head.

Miles pressed his now bare torso against Phoenix's, touch-starved and longing for physical contact.

I love you, he thought.
Phoenix Wright, I fucking love you.
He still couldn't say it out loud, but he could finally say it in his head. He could admit it to himself. That he was hopelessly and undeniably in love with this man. No, not just in love. He loved him.

Now Miles was the one with tears in his eyes. But he didn't care anymore, he just let them flow, and Phoenix understood. He continued kissing Miles softly but passionately, holding him tight.

After a few minutes, when the overwhelming waves of emotion had subsided, their kisses grew hungry again.
Phoenix pushed himself off of the wall and slowly pulled Miles toward the bedroom, never breaking the kiss.
In the bedroom, he immediately backed up against the next wall, quite enjoying the feeling of being pushed up against it by Miles.
With his fingers shaking impatiently, he started to unbutton Miles' pants.

"Wait," Miles panted, breaking the kiss.
He looked away to the side, blushing.
"I... I don't think I'm..."

Phoenix quickly let go of the button and just wrapped his arms around Miles' waist.
"Okay," he whispered, leaning his chin on Miles' shoulder.

"Sorry," Miles mumbled.

"What? Don't be sorry," Phoenix protested. "We don't have to do anything you're not ready for."

The truth was, Miles would have been ready. But he didn't feel comfortable doing anything before he was able to tell Phoenix how he felt. It just didn't seem right. He didn't want Phoenix to get the wrong idea, he didn't want him too feel used.
So he waited.

Phoenix smirked.
"However, this could be more fun with less clothes. If that's okay with you."

"Definitely," Miles replied, his eyes glinting.
He started kissing Phoenix's neck again, hands wandering down his torso.
"Close the blinds."

From that day on, they finally felt like a real couple. Not that they hadn't been very much like a couple for the last few months, but it had been very platonic. Now there was more than just unspoken feelings and sexual tension. Things were more clear now, more defined. They even made it official, getting nothing but love and support (and the occasional "I knew it!") from their friends.

Feelings were still mostly unspoken, but they were showed more openly.
Kissing, flirting, holding hands, cuddling... things they had been hesitant about were so normal now.

It went on for a couple of weeks like this, the same words playing in Miles' head like a broken record.
I love you, Phoenix.
I love you, Phoenix.
I love you, Phoenix.
Day and night, the same phrase.
Until he couldn't take it anymore.
He knew he had to get it out.

He'd know he would snap at some point, but he'd hadn't expected it to be over breakfast.
"I love you, Phoenix," he blurted out, just as Phoenix was taking a huge bite out of his bagel.

Phoenix's eyes widened. He looked ridiculous with his full mouth and bulging eyes, and Miles couldn't help but smile fondly.

"Ah wuv yoo ptoo," Phoenix replied, the lovestruck look in his eyes a harsh contrast to the crumbs falling out of his mouth and onto the plate.
Quickly, he chewed and swallowed, placing his hand on Miles'.
"I love you too, Miles."

Phoenix decided to take the day off, and after breakfast they went straight back to bed, only leaving it for food, water and bathroom breaks until late in the afternoon.

(I know the ending is a bit rushed but I didn't know what to write and I got impatient I guess)