CHAPTER 6

Wang Yibo's P.O.V :

His voice kept ringing my ears. While I was crying. Why? Coz I knew soon he'll leave me to be all by myself. Didn't he say, I need a ride. Well he thinks all I need is another ride from him. Well I knew roads were my home very soon. I was miserable. I don't want to live this poor. Oh! God please isn't there any way to get me a shelter. And to let me have someone in my live. Is it too much to ask for Zhan Ge? 

"I want him..." I screamed. It went to deaf ears. 

Resting a while in that shabby place. I walk out locking the door. Why? Well I've decided to leave. I'm embarrassed. How do I face him now? Didn't I just confessed him. I'm hurt for how he reacted. But anyone would be surprised and he was the same. It was my fault anyway. 

Well walking upto his car. I knew what I had to do. His car was dusty too. And I used his way. Dropping the number at the car glass. I went off. Lone tear escaped my eyes. But still I knew I had go on. This is my life. As expected, Fate never works with me. 

Walking by the alley, soon I reached field filled with chaotic kids. Yet the sight was overwhelming. Well I'm not sure of how they are gonna treat me. Maintaining my distant I sat by the distant bench. One of them came running to me. He seemed to be of my age. 

"Hey! Wanna play." 

Said him. Shaking my head in denial , I still smiled back at his offer. He asked with politeness and I was grateful. We humans crave for that something called *respect* and so did I. Through out my life, I've been growing with harsh words and loathes over me. People would wreck me even when I'm not at fault. Well I can't change this society. Meeting Nathen , Zhan Ge and now this boy, whoever he was, I got to know the feeling of what's called respect, care and politeness. They meant to my heart. I'll remember them forever. Even if some moment of life will let them forget me and my presence. 

Well ! You may say why am I not talking of Auntie Belia. To be honest that was the first time she showed that care. Before then that she has been a part of my horror. Complaining about me and mom to the police coz of drug issues. Well she was a troubling lady. I didn't like her. Being honest. 

Staring them play. I was dazed into thoughts. I was smiling blankly and myself didn't know what was exactly pulling me into that uncertain nostalgia. But yes something was soothing and I wasn't hurting . 

"Hey! You here."

Then came a familiar tone of voice that engulf me. And my smile was long gone. I wanted to run. I wanted to hide. I was ashamed.  "Yibo!" Oh so softly he calls me. His voice played melody to my aching soul. His presence shooed the cold aura and I'm being embraced by his warmth. 

"Zhan Ge!"   

My voice was mere whisper. Well he heard. My gaze didn't meet his but I knew he was staring at me. Joining me by the bench, his arm pulled me closer to him. He smelled of sweat yet he was warm and it caressed my soul. I wanted this. I wanted him. Well for now the silence was killing. Had to say something. Ugh.! 

"It's nice out here."

"yeah"

"Get your business done."

"Yeah! Need another night. And I'm done with this place."

"You got the number."

"Yeah ! But you still need a ride."

Well I was speechless. I could do nothing but stare. My heart was already weeping. Why wouldn't it. Seeing numerous bad days, Good days can make me cry. I'm not that strong. Well yeah I'm eighteen. Yet I want to cry.  Do you guys have started to hate me? Please don't. I'm a human too. That's all I'll say.

"Why don't you play buddy?" 

"I don't know."

"Well there's a bat and a ball. It's impossible not to know.."

"I'm fine here."

"Come on. Show me what you got."

Well can I even deny his polite request. I've been fulfilling filthy demands, this is a mere request. Can't I just do it for? Okay! I have decided to try. Leaving him behind I went upto them. Oh very well, they didn't objected my presence. Handing the bat to me, the guy who once asked me to play, went for balling. 

Once and twice and thrice and I repeatedly kept missing the ball. Fuck I'm embarrassed. I'm too bad at it. Was about to give up when came he. "Zhan Ge!" I uttered his name and he smiled at me. Taking my arms , he positioned me in the way to hit the ball. Raising the bat a little, he whispered it into my ears.

"Watch the ball and hit the bat..." 

"Hmm.."

Oh! his voice. It sent chills through me. And his warm breathe next to me. Well well well ! Do I even need to describe how seducing it was. Shaking my head a little , I tried to focus at the ball. And yes I did it. Wow ! Now it's something good. Dropping the bat, I ran as fast as I could to make a run. I did it. I did it. Walking upto Zhan Ge I screamed again. 

"I did it Zhan Ge!" 

"Yes kiddo... Yibo are you hungry..?"

Asked him wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Well I was little shorter than him. It was easier for him to pull me into his embrace. But to my surprise suddenly we were walking upto to that guy. The boy that once asked if I wanted to play. He was with a pretty lady. The lady was pretty with blond hair and dark brown eyes. Well Zhan Ge seemed to be dazed into her. His eyes were fixed on her while we were walking to them. Well being honest, they were staring at each other.

What is it love at first sight. Well I don't want that to happen. For now I want to call him mine. Please he's the only person I want to preserve. Zhan Ge ! Don't fall for someone else. 

"Hey! Jie this is Wang Yibo.. Hi nice meeting you." 

Said I when. When the boy wanted to introduce me to that lady. She was his sister. Alright. 

"Well Hello! I'm Zhou Cheng. And you're Mr...."

" ZhanZhan.. Xiao Zhan."

Oh! She knew him. Well she even called him by this sweet name. Well who's she. I was growing curious. 

"You know him?"

Before I could ask Zhan Ge. Cheng was quick to ask his sister. Well I talk too much with my own head. This is the reason I'm too late to ask anything. Okay she was now staring into him, with longing eyes. Were they lovers. Her face slowly forming a sweet smile, and I saw Zhan Ge giving a forced smile. A smile that didn't reach his beautiful eyes. He was sad. He was uncomfortable.

"Hey Zoey! It's been a while.." 

She nodded with a disappearing smile. Zhan Ge's voice was raw. Well now I can sense a tension building between them. He was breathing hard and she was staring at him still but her smile was gone. She wanted to enquire many things , but maybe she knew it wasn't the right time. 

"So What're you doin here?"

"My father..." He said with a nod.

"Oh! Right.. I'm.. I'm sorry..." She was stuttering. 

What was about his father? Well they definetely shared a history. They knew about each other. They had a longing look. Well I'm not happy. I cannot be. I don't want them to be back again. It wasn't going good. Seeing them smile peacefully at each other made me burn my soul. 

Pathetic.